Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Hashtags not working in the gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Search the gallery. Try to click the hashtags. Try to search the hashtags manually for items created before the november patch and after the november patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? On older creations the hashtags are not clickable any longer but work when you search for them manually in the gallery. On new creations the hashtags are not clickable and not searchable.
What do you expect to see? Clickable and searchable hashtags.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The problem occurs after the november patch(es).

The problem as already discussed in the thread below is back after the november patch(es).

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Hashtags-not-working-in-the-gallery/td-p/5001783

Message 1 of 38 (5,175 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Hashtags not working in the gallery

Hero

• Gallery hashtags are once again functioning for new uploads to the Gallery.

Fixed in Patch 1.37.35

I do not know if the hashtags work when they where posted while this was broken. You may need to reupload your creations

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 38 (4,250 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Hashtags not working in the gallery

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Same exact thing only with English language game. Tested with and without mods. And like a dumby I just uploaded a challenge. Will probably have to reupload when fixed if not to late. Hopeful for a fix soon. This makes finding our new pets, much harder.
Message 2 of 38 (5,062 Views)

Hashtags not working in Gallery

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? N/A
What happens when the bug occurs? Hashtags not working for anyone in Gallery
What do you expect to see? Hashtags
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New November 2017 patch

Hi--you probably know this--but hashtags aren't working in the Gallery for anyone! It would be incredibly helpful if they could be fixed soon. It is well nigh impossible to navigate the gallery-and I have a challenge going on too. If people enter I will not be able to find their entries. Surely if this has happened more than once it can be fixed soon! It obviously has something to do with Pets because the letter P is the only one that still responds to being #

Message 3 of 38 (5,049 Views)

Re: Hashtags not working in Gallery

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 38 (5,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for chiming in Gill, and to the OP for bringing it up!  This really does cause an issue not only when searching things, but when trying to get attention of specific creators as well.  Hopefully they will get it fixed soon, and with a bit of luck, we won't have to reupload things.

To be further specific, the issue has mostly to do with the Gallery from in-game.  If you view the Gallery from your web browser at EA.com, hashtags are still clickable, both older and newer ones.  However, any created after the patch, while they will take you to the selection of gallery items linked to that hashtag, won't show up there themselves.

Message 5 of 38 (4,911 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So happy to hear this is happening to everyone!!! It's been driving me crazy and I've been so upset thinking that I'm the only one!

Message 6 of 38 (4,871 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The gallery is slowly shattered. Not only tags are not working, but creations disappear from the catalogs.. From my catalog over 10 houses disappeared yesterday including all those which received the Maxis Award.
This is really sad. All new works I have to keep from now in my computer in the archive. Thankfully, the French have made new Tray Importer...

Message 7 of 38 (4,848 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. My language is English, I don't have any cc or mods (played on vanilla since Sims 4 came out). I created few dog breeds and share them on a gallery but the hashtags are black and I can't click them and if I try to search for them just using their hashtags they don't come up. Searching by origin id and name works just fine.

Message 8 of 38 (4,773 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too halfnotes9

Message 9 of 38 (4,627 Views)

★ Guide

Hi,

I would like to add that without the hashtags working how can we possibly enter the now highly publicized SPCA challenge? How will anyone be able to find our entries?? It's no good EA unveiling a huge endeavor like this when whatever we create will simply not be found....Frown

Message 10 of 38 (4,585 Views)