Re: new

by QuitaButtButt

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@nessie36walker Merging your post with the main thread on the freezes.

Did you have a Winterfest without Father Winter ?

@Emsisme5 Depending on your computer it takes longer or shorter for the problem to manifest itself. Did you have a Winterfest since the patch and did you have a Father Winter appear ?

If not, it probably just took longer for your game to develop the bug then others. The game will go on creating them each time you play that save until it explodes the save.

@TheSteelRodent The LE def points towards the Father winter issue. I merged your post with the main thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 301 of 719 (589 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since reinstalling the game on my iMac, I have not yet had a winterfest. 
I started on day 6 of Spring, in a new world, a new sim, and it took ages to load before I had even got into my game. Then I started to play - just enough to be in build mode or bulldoze a house. I couldn’t play a family for more than 1 minute before it froze. 
I also lost all of my saves and building changes as it would crash on saving too.

Message 302 of 719 (646 Views)

Hero
@Emsisme5 By new world do you mean new save game or just another world in that same save game you already had issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 303 of 719 (627 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Crin, 

I've also started a new game, deleted all holidays and it's still happening although did take longer this time. 

Had maybe 30mins in game, then the clock froze and sims stopped moving. Although the cat was still moving about, very strange. 

I think it's just a wait for EA to fix it kind of thing as at this point every game, including new ones are completely unplayable for me. 

Thanks, 

Azzy

Message 304 of 719 (875 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

We dont have any ETA for this bugs right? It has been long time now after patch.

Message 305 of 719 (863 Views)

Hero
@DuDenizUsa No. Do you have the Father Winter issue ? If so, try reverting to older save and not have Winterfest.

@azzyness Mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 306 of 719 (844 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Both.

I tried to test different scenarios to try to narrow down triggers:

1. A different Save (New Sim in existing world)

2. A different Save (New Sim in different world)

3. A refreshed Game Install (No previous Saved games) - Brand new save, brand new Sim etc...

I never had any custom mods. It was pretty much a fresh install anyway, as I had only transferred the game to iMac in September.

It pains me to say that the very first problems I had were in/around Winterfest. My Sims had just wrapped up Winterfest (father W did not show up - but this had happened before with no problems). 

But after completely reinstalling the game (step 3), the problem escalated again from Spring (Day 6). It had nothing to do with Winterfest, and at this point, I had no saved games or associations to Winterfest post-reinstall).

I have since been playing on my PC (Dell XPS 15) and it works without a hitch.

Message 307 of 719 (827 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★★ Newbie
@sjr159 well i am getting infinite loading screens and when is happens i can not shut down my computer
Message 308 of 719 (821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've just opened my 'Activity Monitor' while launching a Game. It's a steady 2.80 GB right up until I click on a household to play.
When the household loads (it takes ages), it climbs to around 6.50GB... I didn't experiment any further as I don't have the time today to let it complete it's lengthy loading time! But I suspect this Memory resource keeps climbing further as described by other users.

Message 309 of 719 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this with my legacy save, also. It's like 2 am the day after winterfest, Father Winter didn't show up and now I am getting the time freeze and frozen sims (except for when the kid froze playing the violin - she was stuck playing still but was moving while doing the action).

Other saves don't have the issue but I haven't played Winterfest with them since. Should I remove winterfest for those saves for the time being? 

Really hope I don't lose my legacy family - just starting Gen 6 Frown 

Message 310 of 719 (721 Views)