Sims get stuck on Windenburg corner

by luthienrising

Original Post

Cannot enter house anymore after going back from trip

★★★ Novice

Didnt happen 100% of the time, but, sometimes when going out on a trip with a family member, and if the "main" have to go work while they're still in the public lot, you get sent back home with the other sim, but he cant get inside home, they will display the "cant find path/path blocked" bubble.

and im not sure if this is a pathing issue but sims wont take written books/reward potions that are place on wall shelf even not matter if they're place low/high on the wall.

Message 41 of 74 (1,420 Views)

Re: Cannot enter house anymore after going back from trip

★★ Novice

I have three routing issues that I have noticed only only one of which I have seen above but all 3 have the same issue.

!.  The baby is crying.  Mom is in the room.   I tell her to change its diaper, feed it, whatever.   She waves her arms and says she can't.  I spot 2 kids and a teen heading for the room all wanting to interact with baby.  I have to pause, delete all their queues and quickly tell Mom what to do before unpausing.  And hope I didn't miss someone else in the household who wants to help the baby. (8 person family)

2.  Someone's bladder is in the red.  I send them to the toilet ( or the shower because they are stinky) and they wave their arms and yell .  Oh, my someone else is heading for the same bathroom.  Easier to resolve than #1 since the house has four bathrooms.

#3  Mentioned above. Someone has been skilling for some time and hunger bar is low.  I send her to fridge.   Oh, no, she waves her arms.  3 other hungry sims are also heading for the fridge.  Since their action was autonomous they are actually able to line up and all get their food, since they didn't arrive at the exact same time.  Only the one I directed has to watch

I get sooooo tired of being waved and yelled at. 

oh wait, there is another. #4 A sim, directed or autonomously, started clearing dishes from the table.  I use no sinks, instead use Nano trash. They gather all the dishes from all surfaces, then somewhere before they get to the trashcan they stop and drop the trash.  Then complain about the mess. As does everyone else in the room. I direct them to pick it up.  They take two steps and drop it again. I have had a sim drop the trash 4 times before finally getting it in the trashcan.  I could swear they are smirking the whole time. Or glaring at me.  It can be any age sim doing this.

Message 42 of 74 (1,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Update 12/5/15 - the foundation issue has been fixed for all lots in the 12/4/15 patch.

Sims cannot route up lowest foundation setting (one notch up from ground level) without stairs in certain areas on specific lots.  It was confirmed by SimGuruHouts (via Twitter) that it is intended for sims to be able to route up these low level foundations without stairs.  Lot specifics below:

Oasis Springs

• Arid Ridge - left side of lot does not route
  • Granada Place - okay
  • Sultry Springside - right and upper middle of lot does not route
  • Rio Verde -entire lot does not route
  • Yuma Heights - okay
  • Affluista Mansion - all but bottom right portion of lot does not route
  • Slipshod Mesquite - okay
  • Sandtrap Flat - okay
  • Nookstone - all but upper left portion of lot does not route
  • Pebble Burrow - entire lot does not route
  • Agave Abode - entire lot does not route
  • Cacti Casa - left side of lot does not route
  • Dusty Turf - left side of lot does not route
  • Raffia Quinta - okay
  • Vista Quarry - upper portion of lot does not route
  • Springscape - entire lot does not route
  • Rattlesnake Juice - entire lot does not route
  • Burners & Builders - okay
  • The Solar Flare - upper left side does not route
  • The Futures Past - entire lot does not route

Magnolia Promenade:

• JF&S Clothiers - entire lot
  • Paddywack's Emporium - entire lot
  • Preeminent Domain - bottom 3/4 of lot
  • The Roadstead - entire lot

Granite Falls:

• Green Getaway - upper 3/4 of lot
  • Riverside Retreat - okay
  • Forest Hideaway - bottom half and right side of lot
  • Lakeside Retreat - okay
  • Campground - entire lot

Willow Creek:

• Crick Cabana - entire lot does not route
  • Streamlet Single - entire lot does not route
  • Daisy Hovel - entire lot does not route
  • Garden Essence - entire lot does not route
  • Bargain Bend - lower left and lower right do not route
  • Potters Splay - entire lot does not route
  • Rindle Rose - entire lot does not route
  • Pique Hearth - entire lot does not route
  • Riverside Roost - okay
  • Brook Bungalow - entire lot does not route
  • Ophelia Villa - okay
  • Hallow Slough - entire lot does not route
  • Parkshore - entire lot does not route
  • Umbrage Manor - entire lot does not route
  • Cypress Terrace - entire lot does not route
  • Oakenstead - okay
  • Magnolia Blossom - entire lot does not route
  • Willow Creek Archive - okay
  • Movers & Shakers - okay
  • The Blue Velvet - okay
  • Municipal Muses - okay
 Newcrest:
  • Optimist's Outlook - entire lot
  • Hillside Highlands - entire lot
  • Civic Cliffs - upper 3/4 of lot
  • Cookout Lookout - all but lower right
  • Sandy Run - entire lot
  • Tranquil Crescent - most of lot - bottom left, bottom right, and top right route
  • Asphalt Abodes - all but right 3/4 upper
  • Avarice Acres - upper 3/4 of lot
  • Rippling Flats - entire lot
  • Twin Oracle Point - entire lot
  • Fern Park - lower half of lot plus a bit above on right
  • Beech Byway - okay
  • Oak Alcove - entire lot
  • Comfy Cubby - right and upper middle
  • Midtown Meadows - all of lot except a couple of small areas - top near left and bottom right

For images of lots, take a look at the Build Mode Feedback thread here.
Message 43 of 74 (1,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I have not tested every lot but based on testing the first group, this problem remains unchanged as of the 9/24/15 patch.

Message 44 of 74 (1,348 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Regarding the issue where sims are unable to route up lowest foundation level on certain lots, this bug has been fixed in the 11/3/15 patch.  Even though the patch only mentioned Willow Creek specifically, the bug was actually eliminated from all lots in all worlds with the exception of Rattlesnake Juice - that lot is still in error.

Message 45 of 74 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Rattlesnake Juice Lot has been fixed in the 12/4/15 patch, so all lots should now be routable with the lowest level of foundation.

Message 46 of 74 (1,246 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

That's great to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 74 (1,236 Views)

[OPEN] [GT] DJ table routing

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

There is a routing issue with the DJ tables when coffee cups are placed on it (Quantum Retro DJ Booth, may apply to others) that prevents sims from taking the cups when attempting to gather all dishes for cleaning. (Causes maid to idle indefinitely and playable sims to place held plates on a surface and drop the action)

When told to specifically clean these cups, the sim will pick the cup up and exclaim a routing issue (the thought bubble) and place the cup back down in the same place.

Only way to manually remedy this is to fill the slots with a decorative item or drag the cups off with the cursor.

Get Together / No mods or CC.

Message 48 of 74 (1,262 Views)

Re: [GT] DJ table routing

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 74 (1,240 Views)

Sims get stuck on Windenburg corner

This is the third time I've had to rescue (i.e. reset) Sims I found stuck in this particular spot in Windenburg:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134364877@N03/23489315599/

It's only happened with non-active-household Sims. They seem to have started leaving their books behind there too.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 50 of 74 (1,214 Views)