why can't sims watch the cooking show

by ujineekim

Original Post

why can't sims watch the cooking show

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? spo9: 1.assets.ml-sp09.131
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Packs I do not have vampires pack bowling pack I own everything else
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if it's a "bug" but my sims can no longer watch cooking TV anymore to gain cooking skills.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't select watch cooking show anymore. I can't remember the patch when it disappeared. I figured it would come back one day but it hasn't and I want that option back.
What do you expect to see? I don't have the option to watch the cooking show to gain cooking skills.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. ?

I can no longer choose the cooking show on television for my sims to gain cooking skills.  It's been almost a year since I noticed it was removed.  I figured it would come back in a patch but hasn't yet.  I sometimes I go three or four months without playing that's why it has taken so long for me to report it.

Message 1 of 5 (527 Views)

Re: why can't sims watch the cooking show

Hero

Hi @ujineekim 

have not have any issues with this. Does it happen on all tvs ? 

Could be you still have some mod that's interfering with this, so try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (521 Views)

★★★ Novice
I will try your suggestion. Hopefully, it will work. Thank you.
Message 3 of 5 (519 Views)

Hero

Hi @ujineekim 

did this help you solved your problem ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (480 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@ujineekim 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (460 Views)