Re: sims 4 can't eat anything after i downloaded cats and dogs expandtion pack

by chanunchika

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 can't eat anything after i downloaded cats and dogs expandtion pack

★★★ Novice

sims can't eat anything after i downloaded cats and dogs expansion pack.

What should i do?

Message 1 of 30 (13,656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

This issue is cause by cc sofas and benches.

Sims4Studio has a batch fix for those now so either remove them or update them.

Google for link to the tool

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 30 (16,147 Views)

All Replies

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 30 (13,528 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your help!

While I was waiting for someone to reply,I just tried to play other household but they can eat normally!

I think maybe something wrong happens only in that house.

Message 3 of 30 (13,516 Views)

Hero

HI @chanunchika

try moving them out and back in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (13,507 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had the exact same problem, I haven't tried playing another household yet though. I really don't want to remove my mods and cc as they are everywhere haha I will have no clothes or furniture in the house haha
It started with getting food out of the fridge and it just snapping onto the floor and sim refuses to pick it up to eat. So I drag it back in the fridge and so on, then it wouldn't let me read a book, from the bookcase, to the inventory, to the floor my sim wouldn't accept the action.
But now it's getting worse my male sim isn't doing anything I ask except "go here" action. He responds to that but anything else I click on doesn't even show up on the side bar as a task he is doing and also the little boxes that cause different emotions all flicker and disappear and come back and go silly. I'm quite annoyed as I have a baby to look after and she isn't getting fed and I can't use any cheats to fill her needs like I can with the adults. 
Also, I tried to garden earlier this afternoon before this happened and as soon as I planted seeds the whole game crashed and that's never happened before. I opened up the game and tried to garden again, and a further 2 times after that crashed every time I planted something. hmmm. 

I'm thinking I might have to remove all my mods and cc but I've been down that road before when I had a corrupt cc file and it well and truly stuffed everything up, and trying to get it all back together again was a nightmare, but my friends have not had that issue removing and reinstalling cc so I think that's just me. But anyway the other problems I was talking about is definitely in relation to the new update/expansion pack, and I also adopted 2 dogs not sure if that could have caused anything. Except, I saw two dogs I really wanted to adopt on the computer and I got one and the man came to my house and I paid the $200 but the second time I tried if after he left to get the other one it wouldn't let me adopt for $200 so I just shift clicked and pressed add to family and got the dog for free. I was kinda hoping that didn't make things worse but I should be able to adopt two dogs to start with anyway if I wanted to? Sooo :/ 

Not sure what the best way to fix this is -- pretty annoyed and upset as this is my favourite and longest standing family and in their dream home! Frown 

So I'm in the same boat and I saw a few other questions here with same sort of problem in the title. Glad I'm not the only one but also frustrating at the same time. Hopefully will be fixed soon with a new update or something? Standard smile 

Message 5 of 30 (13,496 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I experience the same problem since downloading Cats and Dogs Expandtion. When I play with my Main-Family, they all aren't able to eat. Tried to move them out and in, tried to sell the house, tried to move the house to another ground. Nothing worked on this issue. Other families are able to eat. I try to figure out, if there's a problem with my mods, but didn't find a solution yet. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. :-(

Message 6 of 30 (13,496 Views)

Hero

Factory Reset

Hi

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

If the game works without mods/cc, its' your mods/cc.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (13,483 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Tank you for your answer, but it didn't help. For over 4 Hours, I tried to figure out the CC, which could be the reason for the issues. After 4 Hours of trying, I identified about 20 files of CC, which wouldn't let the Sims eat. Then I tried another family - again the problem. Startet the game with only a few files of CC - again the problem. Tried to start the game with several other CCs, the game repeatedly crashed. Tried it again on a completely fresh installed Windows 10 on a brand new Gaming-Laptop, same issue. I'm really upset. Just removed all my Sims 4 stuff, now I'm reinstalling the game without the Cats and Dogs-Addon. Until this addon, everything worked perfect.

But thanks again for your help, I hope EA is able to fix this issue. Though it's EA, hope dies last.

Message 8 of 30 (13,383 Views)

Hero

If its' a cc issue, EA wont' fix it. 

Do you get it with no cc installed as well on a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (13,363 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem Frown

I tried removing all the mobs, and the sims ate.

So I spent few hours to test all the mobs.

I bought an original fridge, saved,

and then dropped all the mobs out, dropped them back some by some.

Every time I dropped, I got into the game and tested if the sims can eat.

And I was sure all the mobs are okay.

Then I got back to the game,

started to play my main-family, CAN'T EAT AGAIN Frown

Really don't know why, and I am so tired of starting all over again.

( I played in that family and save for a long time Frown )

Message 10 of 30 (13,309 Views)