The license limit for this product has been reached

by XxRedWhirlWindxX

Original Post

Re: The license limit for this product has been reached

★ Novice

That is completely ridiculous. After searching forever last night, I found a 1800 number and waited until work hours this morning to call just to get a message where they hang up on you, and now have to go through all that. When I need to talk to a real person to reset because my game was on a computer that crashed. Just got a new computer and spent a ton of money on add ons and on the website and I cant even play my game. Its very frustrating, but thank you for the list of things you have to do.

Message 11 of 24 (1,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have same problem with licence, but when I click on "de-authorized this machine",  than I see "this computer is currently no active license to remove". I have the original game The Sims 3. What I have to do? Confusedmileysad:

Message 12 of 24 (1,954 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The digital download version uses SecuROM for drm. You are allowed 5 concurrent installations before the license is used up. You do not own the game you pay for the license to play the game.The first time you play a SecuROM game it has to be activated online with a server much like Windows activation. You can recover a slot by deactivating the computer on the update tab of the launcher. After you deactivate you should uninstall the game as the game will activate again if someone runs the game again after deactivation. To contact an EA game consultant you need to use the web page - contact ea   This is an open forum for users by users and accounts can not be accessed from this forum.

Bioshock disc introduced SecuROM to the world. If you want to blame anyone you should blame Sony for making SecuROM.

I have seen a stand alone deactivation tool that can be run on the computer you want deactivated.

I bought Bioshock and didn't have any problems and I believe you were allowed 3 activations.

I do not work for EA or profit in any way by EA products.

Message 13 of 24 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i'm having the same problem. even worse.. 

I bought 5 EP from origin last week (Supernatural, University Life, Showtime, Seasons, Island Pradise) . Before that, about 8 months ago, i bought the physical CD for the base game and Generation. Everything goes well. I can play my Sims 3 without a single problem. 

Back to my new EPs, I had my boyfriend downloaded it for me. The download process goes well, but when i want to play it, a pop up box appear, informed me that my license limit reached, for all the games! All my 5 new games! 

The worse part, i can't even play my base game because the same pop up box appear and my Generation disappeared! I can't found it on my origin anymore! But the shortcut and the files still on my computer. i just can't play it even when i insert the disk on my laptop. 

Fyi, i never lend my CD to anyone else so it's impossible if EA says that i've used my code for 5 times. And i never change my computer. 

Please someone help me.. It's been a week and i desperately miss my sims! 

Message 14 of 24 (1,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@itsluqhere   for the license limit reached you need to contact CS

FAQ there is section there on games not showing up in origin again if the FAQ does not help contact CS you won't or shouldn't need to do two different live chats for issues you can chat to the rep about both just let the rep know first that you have two different issues

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Invalid-and-Used-Serial-Codes-amp-Games-not-showing-up-in/td...

this link explains the license limit has been reached http://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-lifetime-download-limit-error-message/

to contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

2.Click on the orange NEXT button

3.Select a platform

4.Click on the orange NEXT button

5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words

6.Click on the orange NEXT button

7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

guide on how to contact CS

edit to add link

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Beta-Archive/How-to-contact-a-Game-Advisor-using-the-new-EA-Help-page/td-p/...

Message 15 of 24 (1,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I waited an hour to talk to an EA rep about this issue. He said he increased the limit and said I had to reinstall the game. I did so, and it STILL did not work -- same error. This is unacceptable. Why does it take me all day to install a game that had only been installed one other time (lost due to forced reformatting of my hard drive). EA needs to figure out a better system. 

Message 16 of 24 (1,814 Views)

Hero

Do you have any expansion packs ? Unfortunatley the system doesn't tell you which of the games give you the message so maybe it wasn't base but one of the EPs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 24 (1,811 Views)

★★ Novice

did not work... i have a few hundred dollars invested in this game

Message 18 of 24 (1,777 Views)

Hero

What didn't ? Could you continue in your thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Maxed-out-downloads/m-p/2965278 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 24 (1,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

(i tried on island paradise) how do you start playing i am confused please help i just got this game and it doesn't work?! 

Message 20 of 24 (1,716 Views)