Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spellcaster unable to practice magic or duel

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.29
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Eco (bought, not installed)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who is a spellcaster. Adept. Click on the sim. Select the Magic menu. The Practice Magic option is not there. Click on another spellcaster. Select the Magic Menu. The Magic Duel button is not there.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a household of 4, with 2 YA and 2 toddlers. Both YA are spellcasters (both Adepts). One is affected by the bug, while the other is not.
What do you expect to see? The option to practice magic and/or duel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.29

After patch 1.29, one of my spellcasters no longer has the option to:

• Practice magic
  • Duel other spellcasters
  • Select if using wands or not

She has no curse whatsoever. The other spellcaster still has all options.

Bugged spellcaster 

Working spellcaster 

Message 1 of 8 (2,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spellcaster unable to practice magic or duel

★ Guide
@crinrict Hello, interestingly enough, she now has all the magic options available (I was uploading her to the Gallery for you).

The only difference is that I am online now. I usually disconnect from the Internet since that greatly increases performance.

This can be closed, I guess.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (2,234 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@lostinmalloc Did the spellcaster have it before the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,276 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hello, yea of course she had it. In fact, before the patch, earlier today she was practicing.
Message 3 of 8 (2,274 Views)

Hero
@lostinmalloc Could you upload the Sim in question to the gallery so I can try if I can duplicate ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,238 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hello, interestingly enough, she now has all the magic options available (I was uploading her to the Gallery for you).

The only difference is that I am online now. I usually disconnect from the Internet since that greatly increases performance.

This can be closed, I guess.
Message 5 of 8 (2,235 Views)

Hero
@lostinmalloc Could you try going offline again to see if the looses the interactions again ? That would be a very interesting effect.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,225 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I have tried to disconnect from the Internet and launch the game. She still has all Magic options.
Message 7 of 8 (2,221 Views)

Hero
@lostinmalloc Sounds like a fluke then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,213 Views)