Re: Sims 3 launcher takes me to origin, origin takes me to Sims 3 launcher, HELP

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 launcher takes me to origin, origin takes me to Sims 3 launcher, HELP

★★★ Newbie

I just got a brand new laptop, specifically for Sims 3, I haven't been able to play in years. it's an Asus laptop, if that helps at all. I even reset it despite it being brand new, thinking, maybe it would help my problem. I open Sims 3 launcher, press play, then it opens origin, I try to play through origin, and it takes me back to the Sims 3 launcher. I know nothing about computers, I can't stress that enough. I know it seems weird, but this game has always helped with my anxiety, and I'm desperate to play it again. i've looked through a bunch of forums on here, but I don't understand what they're saying, I don't understand the terms that they're using.  I imagine if I did, I would have solved my problem by now, knowing that many have had this problem. 

i'm hoping someone on here would be kind enough to help me with my problem, it seems EA doesn't have a great customer support. I apologize, but please put this in simple terms for me, as I really don't understand tech terms. 

Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 3 (361 Views)

Re: Sims 3 launcher takes me to origin, origin takes me to Sims 3 launcher, HELP

@abc4growingup  Does your laptop have a 12th-gen Intel processor?  If so, that's the issue: Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on these CPUs.  Please see the accepted solution in this post for potential workarounds:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/m-p/11...

If your laptop has a different processor, or you're not sure what it has, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (314 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@abc4growingup   Origin is the DRM for this game and should be running to play. Is your game version 1.69? How did you install the game - from disk, Origin . Steam? The disk version needs to be updated by the manual super patch. In Origin right click the game icon and click update.

Message 3 of 3 (288 Views)