Re: Sims 3 graphics card/framerates

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@MyCatsNameIsMax  At least you know you can get the game running though.  If you feel like experimenting and find out which setting is the problem, please let me know—you won't be the only person with this issue.  But if you'd rather just disable everything in the Radeon software and go on playing, that works too.  I'm just glad you've confirmed that it is Radeon and not some other more elusive issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 15 (663 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict What do I need to do? I'll probably just let the settings be turned off, but if it can help others with the same problem I'd be glad to figure it out anyway.
Message 12 of 15 (635 Views)

@MyCatsNameIsMax  If you do want to troubleshoot more, you can reenable one setting at a time and test the game.   It sounds like you know when there's a problem pretty much right away, so you'll know which settings are fine and which mess with the game.  If there are a number of settings, you can use the 50/50 method, but keep in mind that there may be more than one setting that causes trouble.

For myself, I'd love to see a screenshot with all the available settings for TS3, since I don't have the same software and need to look it up every time (and I can only assume that other games' options look the same).  But don't worry about it if you don't have time.  This is just me being curious and anticipating the next time someone is trying to play TS3 on a high-end AMD card.

Message 13 of 15 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictI've attached screenshots of the settings options, hope you can use them Standard smile

It seems to be the advanced settings that cause problems, having the other settings on doesn't seem to do anything.

I also discovered that sometimes the game does open after seeming stuck if you wait a few minutes, but it still freezes when you close it so you have to reboot the pc. 

Message 14 of 15 (580 Views)

@MyCatsNameIsMax  Thanks so much for the screenshots; I really appreciate it.  It's interesting that the game does occasionally work (mostly), but why that would happen and then cause a freeze later is a bit over my head—my understanding of GPU drivers and associated software pretty much ends with identifying problems via error codes and describing how to do a clean uninstall.

Anyway, thanks again.  This will help me describe the settings to the next person, who might well not be as capable of navigating the settings as you are.

Message 15 of 15 (571 Views)