Sims 3 crashing with Windows 8

by sawyerschic328

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 crashing with Windows 8

★★★★ Novice

I have been having this issue since November. (when I bought my Windows 8 laptop) Just in the past week I have had two EA associates tell me that the Sims 3 has not been tested for compatibility with Windows 8 and therefore may not run right. There is currently no update for this issue and there are some questionable fixes. So far, I still have my issue.

Come on, EA. 

Message 11 of 20 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue as well - I have a brand new laptop with windows 8 only the pets expansion - every time I am in play mode then switch to purchase or edit as soon as I go back to play it crashes immediately.  It is very frustrating and if anyone knows how to fix this please advise...

Thanks Standard smile

Message 12 of 20 (1,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ihave the same problem and I'm getting really irritated. I have a new Dell inspiron 15 with more than enough to run the game and the graphis is great. On my old HP it wasn't half as good, but I had Vista and it never crashed. On the Dell it will sometimes run fine for hours and nothing happens, at other times it runs for half an hour then says, "Sims 3 has stopped working (like I can't tell) and Windows is collecting information about the problem."  Can anyone help with this? I am ready to can Sims 3 all together and certainly won't buy any more add on games. 

Charl

Message 13 of 20 (1,814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and I'm getting really irritated. I have a new Dell inspiron 15 with more than enough to run the game and the graphis is great. On my old HP it wasn't half as good, but I had Vista and it never crashed. On the Dell it will sometimes run fine for hours and nothing happens, at other times it runs for half an hour then says, "Sims 3 has stopped working (like I can't tell) and Windows is collecting information about the problem."  Can anyone help with this? I am ready to can Sims 3 all together and certainly won't buy any more add on games. 

Charl

Message 14 of 20 (1,814 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having exactly the same problem. Only that my laptop is custom made. Everything else is the same(64-bit etc). I have had my laptop since the end of November as well. Or maybe it was December 2012, but anyway... It's SO SO SO SO SO IRRITATING! When I start  a new save then it runs pretty smoothly for a while but the more further I get in my save, it starts crashing almost every 5 minutes. So I tried saving a lot, then not playing while connected to the internet, then Disk CleanUp and now doing defrag as well. I'm hoping it will help. I'm not sure though... What I have heard is that some people have installed this mod that fixes glitches and crashing. I am asking around and trying to get it as well. If it works then I am gonna let you know.

Message 15 of 20 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Brand new computer with plenty of space, ram, video cards...EVERYTHING. Why is this crashing???  I've had to rebuild my freaking house 3 times.

Message 16 of 20 (1,340 Views)

Hero

Could you make your own thread, posting the following info

Have you tried all the stuff here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 20 (1,336 Views)

★★ Novice

@mdeserio wrote:

I'm having the same issue as well - I have a brand new laptop with windows 8 only the pets expansion - every time I am in play mode then switch to purchase or edit as soon as I go back to play it crashes immediately.  It is very frustrating and if anyone knows how to fix this please advise...

Thanks Standard smile

I have a asus notebook windows 8 laptop, I already have supernatural and island paradise but when I got pets my laptop crashes the game too!

It's so aggravating, as I have no other computer to play the sims on and I JUST got pets and want to play it. D:

Message 18 of 20 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just posted a question about this, I have a HP Pavilion g6 with windows 8.. If you have figured your problem out can you help me? Standard smile

Beckie

Message 19 of 20 (711 Views)

★★ Novice
My problem got more or less fixed after Windows 8.1 update came out. It still crashes sometimes but it's nothing like it was before the update(i posted my issue before the update, I think... I'm pretty sure).
Message 20 of 20 (704 Views)