Script mods not working on TS4 last udpdate

by Ariadnelie

Original Post

Re: Script mod not working since new update

★★★ Newbie

They say that the mods were updated to the latest version and must work, because other's don't have such problems. 

Message 11 of 20 (1,737 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! Omg I've been having this exact same problem for months now too! 

I have tried EVERYTHING there is. 

Not only have I tried resetting the mods folder etc,

I've moved the entire sims folder to the desktop to force another one to regenerate in it's place. 

Which means I started from scratch. NO saves (which means it can't be a corrupt save file)

NO cc or mods at ALL. A fresh, newborn folder. So just the original files of the game and that is IT. 

I make sure my game is repaired, up to date and also make sure the mod is up to date. 

This is happening with ALL SCRIPT MODS so it isn't a problem that the modder can help with unfortunately.

I have ALSO made sure all language is in english... 

The game works fine until the moment I put a script mod in. It shows in the CC/MODS window so it's definitely installed correctly.

As soon as I proceed and press play, it asks me to pick a season as if I'm starting a new save when I'm not..

Once I choose a season, it brings me to "choose a world" says I have $0 funds and basically won't let me play at all. 

The moment I remove the mod, it's back to normal and my family's there again.

I have not been able to play modded since Seasons/The season update (and yes, everything is enabled etc)

At this point, I need serious help, and I'm a minute away from literally HIRING AND PAYING A PROFESSIONAL TO GO THROUGH AND FIX IT.

I've been trying at this for months and months, googling, researching. Nothing. Nothing has helped at ALL.

Message 12 of 20 (1,683 Views)

★★ Novice

Think what's bothering me the most, is the fact it just sounds like an easy but annoying fix. 

"Take everything out, put them back 1 by 1 and test to see what it is that's causing the issue" 

What happens when you've taken EVERYTHING OUT AND STARTED FROM NOTHING.

And the issue is still happening even with nothing else in the folder?

I'm so over it. 

I know it's not anything in the folder, so it must be the game itself? Great. 

Message 13 of 20 (1,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have got the same problem 😭

maybe it will work after the next game patch... do You own the Seasons ep?

Message 14 of 20 (1,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Maybe try to replace the resource.cfg? I'm going to try it now because I'm having the same problem, I think it was a glitch with the new update 1.45.62.1020 ? They need to get it patched soon because it's really annoying without script mods   😫😭😭

Message 15 of 20 (1,535 Views)

Hero

All script mods are outdated and need updating.

Here's some info: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/script-mods-and-the-get-famous-patch/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (1,531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! i'm having the same problem with the new update and i really tried everything you listed; i was wondering if you found a solution can you please help me?

Message 17 of 20 (1,171 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@melnicolette 

Please read the answer just above from Crinrict.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 18 of 20 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Novice

did anyone get there games to work because i haven't been able to turn on script mods since the latest kit. i took out my whole mods folder and it still won't play the game if i enable script mods even tho there is no mods in there. pls help it is so annoying playing without mods

Message 19 of 20 (514 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

Since this is an older thread that hasn't been active for quite a while, I am going to lock it to prevent necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue, please feel free to create a new thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 20 of 20 (472 Views)