Move in Crash!

by xcftw

Original Post

Move in Crash!

★★★★ Novice

Hey there, 

I searched through the forums and see similar problems but not my exact problem. This has happened twice, I spend hours creating a family, I move them in, and then as soon as I click on the house to play, the error "Sims 3 has stopped responding" and the game shuts down. 

Anyone have any idea?

I am running the Inspiron 15R Special Edition. It is the most expensive one on the Dell site. (I am only saying this b/c I don't remember all the specs so you could look it up if you want) It has relatively top of the line components so the PC is almost definitely not the problem.

Windows 8

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz

8.00 GB memory (7.87 GB useable)

65-bit operating system, x64 based processor

Please help! Thanks!

xcftw

Message 1 of 6 (2,499 Views)

Re: Move in Crash!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

More info! It only crashes with families I create..

Edit.. More info!

It finally let me move them in, and then crashed after 45 mins of playing. So. Not. Cool.

Any ideas?

Message 2 of 6 (2,498 Views)

Hero

This might be a Win 8 problem. Did you try running the game in compatibility mode ?

Here's some other suggestions to crashes: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656/jump-to/first-unread-message

Does your computer have a switchable graphic card or what does it have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (2,490 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply!

Okay so last night, after I posted, I played more. I moved my self created family into a different house and got to play. After thirty minutes of heavy playtime it stopped working again. Not to be defeated, I started it up yet again. That time I played for hours (too many hours LOL) and it purred like it should. No crashing. Weird, huh? The game runs great; graphics are smooth and beautiful on medium settings. I am trying to get used to the new Windows 8 touchpad that has quick controls... needless to say my game gets minimized at least a billion times in an hour and the computer handles that beautifully. It minimizes smoothly and maximizes smoothly. I am also conscious to try to keep the laptop cool.

AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB is my graphics card. 2 GBs it dedicated to graphics. I have heard that AMD Radeon isn't the best but it should get the job done. It is a switchable graphics card and I have just (five minutes ago) gone into that setting and told the computer to run tS3w.exe at High Performance. 

I don't know what compatibility mode is. ):

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 6 (2,486 Views)

Hero

So maybe it was just using the wrong card when you saw the crashing issue.

If you right click on the icon to start the game, there should be an option to start the game in Windows XP or Win 7 compatibility mode which reduces then runs the game as if you had Win 7.

But since you got it working, you should be fine.

Could you accept a post as solution so that people see that this is sovled and what the solution was.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (2,480 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm having the SAME exact problem with my PC. I hope we can both find a solution to this frustrating problem! Wink

Message 6 of 6 (1,220 Views)