Last Update Wiped Saves

by MissMixxX

Original Post

Last Update Wiped Saves

★ Novice

I just downloaded the latest update and when I went to load my last game, it was gone. No saves anywhere. Tried reloading the game, and still gone.

This is the SECOND time that I have had my saves wiped. The last time I can't remember if it was after an update or not. It's getting frustrating. Why play a game that is just going to reset itself the next time it gets an update?

Is there any way to get them back? Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 1 of 8 (289 Views)

Re: Last Update Wiped Saves

★ Novice

Bump

Message 2 of 8 (272 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had a similar problem to you all you have to do is let me know if you have more than 1 Electronic Arts  Folder, You Locate this in Documents (unless you have moved it). If you have more than one EA folder select the bottom folder and selct The Sims 4> Saves>Scratch Then copy all of the files and drag and drop them into the top EA folder Then go into The Sims 4> Saves>Scratch (again into the new folder) and paste them into there, It should be fixed

Happy SimmingStandard smile I accept XP

Message 3 of 8 (265 Views)

★ Novice

That didn't work. Everytime I started the game, there would still be no saves, and when I went back to the documents folder everything I had copied over from scratch folder wasn't there anymore. I moved the .sav files from the saves folder, not the scratch folder, and then I found saves from forever ago that I had lost, but not my most recent game.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Message 4 of 8 (256 Views)

Hero

Did you search your hard drive if you have a saves folder somewhere else ? Maybe the folder got moved by accident.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (247 Views)

★★ Novice

Be thankful at least you got a reply.

Message 6 of 8 (234 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MissMixxX Please do not bump as it is against the forum rules - thank you Do you have OneDrive setup?

@ArfaF52 Please read your other post.

This is a public forum for users by users and I for one (can't speak for other users) do not sit in front my computer on a regular basis (the pay is really bad) but usually if someone can help they will try to help.

Message 7 of 8 (224 Views)

Hero (Retired)

OneDrive is nice if you need to sync data from one computer to another. But I have found that data like in your sims documents folder changes a lot and OneDrive seems to get upset by frequent data changes. Another scenario is if your syncing your whole documents folder from a source that doesn't have the game on the computer (or a computer that doesn't exist). Check your OneDrive settings and check keep files on local drive (not the cloud as I think that's part of the problem). I for one do not want ANY of my data on the cloud - I can just see the Microsoft police laughing at your selfies. As I have disabled OneDrive on ALL my computers I have not had the problem. I am still looking into this.

Message 8 of 8 (217 Views)