[Info] Sims 4 - Download & Installation & Startup issues

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Info] Sims 4 - Download & Installation & Startup issues

★★ Novice

16850831 - After contacting them on chat and waiting forever, I'm basically sol because the disc set that my daughter received for Christmas didn't come with a code.  I didn't know you would need one if you used a disc.  After posting pictures of the instruction manual, I'm still told that it's not enough.  I'm using my phone to take pictures of the manual.  That's all I have.  I'm told a code cannot be issued.  I don't know where the disc was purchased from as it was a gift - so how can i return it?  Thanks for helping EA.  After we bought the Sims  3 and 4 expansion packs for it, I thought we would rate better but it doesn't seem to matter.  I won't buy anything from them again.  

Message 301 of 305 (695 Views)

Hero

Maybe ask the person that gifted if they still have the recipt ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 302 of 305 (690 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, thank you for replying but I did call and ask.  They did not.  I had already said it was the correct game that she wanted which is what my mom-in-law was worried about.  When I saw it was the sims 4 pc game, I said Yes!  That's it!  But we went out of town for 2 weeks after Christmas and that's wny we are just now installing.  That is the reason for the delay.  I was going to just buy it and download it as she's heartbroken but I had no idea it was $60!  I don't want to pay that (which is why she put it on her Christmas list) and I'm NOT asking my mom-in-law to return/exchange.  Or repurchase.  She would have no idea what I was talking about.  And I don't want her to know that it was a defective game  -  she would be really upset.

I'd even be willing to work with some sort of credit.  I don't want to break my kids heart but I'm just not going to buy a $60 computer game.  Not in my budget.

I would like to know however, what are you doing about this issue?  I see that others have had the same problem or their code says it's already been used.  If someone is stealing codes and re-shrinkwrapping the games, that isn't the consumer's fault.  And, if I was to have a receipt and return it to the store - how do you know that the people in the returns department isn't one of your problems?  They could easily shrink wrap it and sell it on ebay.

I downloaded Sims 3 from Origin, but letting my daughter put this on her list gave someone the ability to purchase it and gift wrap it and put it under the tree.  It never occured to me that there would be a problem and we would be essentially screwed out of $60.  I don't even understand the purpose of the code as we have the 2 discs, which are just basically garbage now?  That doesn't make sense to me!  Why do I need a code to download if it's on the disc!?  I'm trying not to throw a tantrum here but this is kind of like buying a car with no steering wheel.  You need one to work the other.  However, it says NOWHERE on the directions to install the game that I need to type in a code - did you notice that?  It's NOT mentioned.  WHY?

Message 303 of 305 (679 Views)

Community Manager

@Averymom Heya,

Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do to resolve this.

There is no need to re-purchase, but please get in touch with your mother-in-law and find out which store the game was bought at and ideally get the receipt to go along with it. Then go and exchange the game at the store.

Codes are unfortunately a requirement to protect our business from software piracy.

Thank you for your understanding,

Nils

Message 304 of 305 (667 Views)

Hero

Locking this thread.

New FAQ is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

If you have further issue, please search the forum for similar threads or make your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 305 of 305 (639 Views)