How to restart sims 4

by lfloyd1104

Original Post

Re: How to restart sims 4

★★ Pro

@ElitaGaim

Are meaning how to start a new game?

Load the Sims 4 from Origin - Go to Games Library and select Sims 4 and select New Game.

If you're wanting to start fresh, like you had just installed the game.

You'll want to do what is referred to as a Sims 4 factory reset.

Basically rename the Sims 4 folder to something like Sims4Backup. Launch Origin, go to Games Library, Select Sims 4 and select New Game.

Please be aware that doing a factory reset of the Sims 4 folder, will result in "loosing" your game files. But they aren't actually lost. They are in your backup Sims 4 folder.

Here are the files and folders you can copy back over to the new Sims 4 folder:

- Options.ini (User game settings)
- Tray Folder (Sims/Houses/Commercial lots and rooms)
- Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
- Rest of the save games, if any.
(leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.)
- Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, and makeup
- Mods (Put these back one by one to make sure they all still work)

Message 11 of 20 (1,946 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
thank you
Message 12 of 20 (1,908 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This didn't work for me
Message 13 of 20 (1,841 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@izlanderkikachu wrote:
This didn't work for me

What is not working?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 20 (1,826 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
How do you launch the game again? I’m trying to get MC commands but I cannot restart the game  
@EA_Francois wrote:

@lfloyd1104

Simply leave the game as you would normally, and launch it again. If you want you can even restart Origin to make sure to trigger the download of your Spa Pack. Standard smile

Message 15 of 20 (1,716 Views)

Hero

Hi @noekea 

you mean the game doesn't actually start ? Are you sure you have the current version of MCCC ? Are you getting any error message ?

Or are you actually trying to start a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Horsom I'm having the same exact issue.
Message 17 of 20 (1,626 Views)

Hero
@936860936860 Did you try all the suggestions in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 20 (1,618 Views)

★ Novice
@kate_walters What are you having troubles with? There’s lots of YouTube videos that will help answer this. So here’s mine, go to the sims resource find something you want to download and click on it, download that then click save. You’ll want to move your download into (documents<Electronic arts<the sims 4< then mods, drag your custom content download into that folder. Open your game, make sure you allow mods in your game through settings. Hope I helped
Message 19 of 20 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so what you do is go to whatever website you use to download cc, for example I use TSR. Then you go to the "Downloads" folder in your files. Then highlight or just click and drag the CC to "Documents" folder, then double click "Electronic Arts" Do the same thing and move the CC there. THEN do the same process but move it to the "Sims 4" folder. After that move it to "Mods" folder and bam your CC should be in the game if you enabled it in game. Sorry if that was confusing haha.

Message 20 of 20 (1,063 Views)