How do I Transfer CD Expansions to my Digital Game

by AllieKat5555

Original Post

Highlighted

How do I Transfer CD Expansions to my Digital Game

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the Sims 3 which was bought via digital purchase and I think I bought it back in 2016 when my old disc was ruined. Over the years I’ve purchased lots of expansions online but for Christmas I asked for two of the expansions on disc instead. They worked fine and were recognized on my game however my laptop’s charging port was broken and due to its age my parents decided to get me a new one. The new one doesn’t have a disc drive though and I’m not sure how to get these two expansions on there, I tried using a flash drive and transferring the files to the new laptop but it’s like it’s not even there. Any advice would help Frown

Message 1 of 2 (569 Views)

Re: How do I Transfer CD Expansions to my Digital Game

@AllieKat5555  You can't transfer a game's installed files via flash drive; they specifically need to be reinstalled on the new computer.

What happens if you try to register the product keys that came with the discs in Origin?  It's strange that they wouldn't have already been added to your Origin account, but if you can add them now, you can just download the packs rather than needing to use the discs.

If that doesn't work, you could always borrow a disc drive from a friend or family member and install the packs.  If you then install a pack through Origin, that should remove the requirement to use a disc to play.

It's also a good idea to contact EA customer support and ask for help adding the packs to your account.  Even though you can use the discs, having the packs in your account is more convenient and a backup in case you ever need it.  When contacting support, it's a good idea to take a photo for each pack that shows the disc, its case, and insert with the product key easily readable; you can attach the photos when you submit your help request.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (548 Views)