Revisiting Sims 3 and the Unclean upable dish. . .

by Wholesome_Goth

Original Post

Revisiting Sims 3 and the Unclean upable dish. . .

★ Guide

I would be posting in the General Discussion section, but seeing as there isn't one for Sims 3. 🙆🏻‍♀️ . . . Here I will post.

After I know not how many months away, (I think it was last June. . .according to Origin) I have decided to go back and actually go about exploring  the world of the Sims 3. 🥰

But somehow something seems different from when I last opened Sims 3. Was there an Update I somehow didn't know about between then and now? 🤷🏻‍♀️

While I know there are alot of aspects to the Sims 3 that I may have forgotten, one thing that sticks out as definitely being different is the other worlds that are available for the Sims 3, they are ones I saw listed under Moonlight Falls when you go to start a new game. I have never seen them listed there before. (I am also not familiar with Simpoints, what are those?)

On another note: Just encountered the uncleanupable dish on a public lot issue, I do not recall how you were able to deal with that. . .

Message 1 of 4 (344 Views)

Re: Revisiting Sims 3 and the Unclean upable dish. . .

@Wholesome_Goth  It sounds like you haven't disabled the in-game store shopping experience.  The Sims 3 Store is where you can buy more content, for SimPoints, which are in turn bought with cash.  The in-game shopping feature is basically one giant ad for the store, recommending new items whenever you open Build/Buy and listing other worlds you could purchase at the Main Menu.  I find this irritating and always disable it; the option is with other gameplay settings like memories and interactive loading screens.  By the way, all three of those features hurt performance to verying extents, memories more than the others.

As for the store itself, it has some very good content, including the worlds.  I wouldn't recommend buying anything else at full price though.  If you're interested in getting into store content, there are various ways to save a lot of points (and therefore money) on your purchases.  Let me know if you'd like more information.  One good offer is buying the Sims 3 Worlds pack through Origin: you get Monte Vista and Hidden Springs for $20 U.S.

Public lots are supposed to clean themselves when they reset every night, the same way their broken objects are suddenly fixed.  This doesn't happen if your sims own the lots though.  If you're interested in mods, you can also use NRaas MasterController to delete an object anywhere in the world.  Othewise, the game should take care of it for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddictAnd that is precisely why I wondered if there was some sort of update I hadn't known about, I know I had both the in game shopping and interactive loading screen disabled (as well as memories) yet now they are suddenly reenabled. 🙆🏻‍♀️
Will have to go check on the other 2 settings, only re-disenabled memories yesterday. Edit: Just noticed the ingame shop setting is already disabled. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit to the Edit: Guess maybe I did disenable the ingame shop yesterday. Do not see the other worlds listed now in main menu. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just noticed the dirty dish was gone when my sim went back to the Toadstool. 😆
That issue must have been fixed?

I believe the solution used to be that I had to bulldoze the lot and replace it when the dishes couldn't be cleaned up on public lots. 😣

Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

@Wholesome_Goth  The options.ini file, which holds all in-game settings, gets reset every time a new graphics driver is installed.  So if you installed a new driver, all your in-game options would be reset to default.  Getting around this requires editing the file to reflect your new driver version; let me know if you'd like to know how to do it for future reference.

Another possibility is if you have an app (e.g. GeForce Experience) set to optimize your in-game settings, it could mess with the options file and end up resetting it.

As for plates on public lots, it's possible they became stuck for some reason, but that's not supposed to happen.  At any rate, they should be removable with a mod, or with testingcheatsenabled true > shift-click > Object: Delete.  If you use the cheat, please don't ever try it on a sim though, because it only deletes the body and not the other data.  That's an excellent way to permanently corrupt your game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)