Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

by Preprico19

Original Post

Re: Trackpad

★★★★★ Novice
@PeonyPixels thanks for the tip, how do you scroll to zoom?
Message 251 of 302 (704 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Zoom and rotate Trackpad controls not working since June pat

★★ Novice

Wow I am glad I'm not the only one having this problem I was going to head to apple, to see if something was wrong with my Mac, does anyone know if EA will do a follow up patch to fix this for Mac users. 

Message 252 of 302 (694 Views)

Re: Trackpad

★★ Apprentice
@Katiegkatieg You scroll up and down like you do on a browser to zoom in or out, Im pretty sure you have to enable edge scrolling in the game camera menu.
Message 253 of 302 (682 Views)

★ Novice

I have repaired this game and it just makes it worse! No sounds and no controls of track pad now work!

Message 254 of 302 (676 Views)

★ Novice

Now I can’t even click and drag! 😡

Message 255 of 302 (674 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MeganNKistler None of us have been able to click and drag, it probably wasn’t you repairing the game it’s just how the bug is. I just hope someone fixes it. I know that sims 5 is coming out and they might not wanna spend the time on sims 4 but I would like the game I spent well over $100 to function properly
Message 256 of 302 (643 Views)

Now

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have been playing the sims 4 on my MAC since 2017 but recently (right after buying and downloading island living), I have attempted to play and build but have not been able to click on the screen and move the position of the camera or rotate my view. I do not have any other applications open when playing, I have the most updated version of my computer installed, basically nothing on my computer and I still can't play. I am worried that I do not have the right computer to play this game and I really don't want that to be the case. Any ideas on what I can do to fix the way my game play can be fixed? 

Thank you.

Message 257 of 302 (509 Views)

Sims 4 Rotation/Screen Movement

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4 bought 2 months ago
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pet expansion Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? My screen won't rotate with the mouse. The game also won't allow me to move in any direction anymore. The only thing I can do is zoom in or out. The key rotation works just not the mouse (mouse works well with all other computer activity.) I have checked my settings and I am on Sims 3 game camera as suggested. What do you expect to see? I try to rotate and no movement other than sometimes zooming in or out occurs. No movement occurs when I try to move the screen.
What do you expect to see? I try to rotate and no movement other than sometimes zooming in or out occurs. No movement occurs when I try to move the screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Got it roughly 2 months ago
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets expansion pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? My screen won't rotate with the mouse. The game also won't allow me to move in any direction anymore. The only thing I can do is zoom in or out. The key rotation works just not the mouse (mouse works well with all other computer activity.) I have checked my settings and I am on Sims 3 game camera as suggested.
What do you expect to see? I try to rotate and no movement other than sometimes zooming in or out occurs. No movement occurs when I try to move the screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 258 of 302 (549 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Rotation/Screen Movement

Hero
@maddyhuston Merged your post with existing mac thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 259 of 302 (528 Views)

Re: Now

@itsacommonlife

I've merged your post into this thread on the issue. Please read the opening post on the first page for a workaround until EA fix it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 260 of 302 (485 Views)