Re: Sims 4 on HP Stream, Windows11

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 on HP Stream, Windows11

★★★ Newbie

Hello fellow simmers! I recently purchased an HP Stream, windows 11 for my sister as a Christmas gift. I also bought an external hard drive to help with downloading mods and CC. Well after downloading the game along with a few mods and CC, she was able to reach the CAS and save. When it was actually time to play, it was loading forever and she never got to play. Did I buy the wrong computer? Any advice on getting the game to run smoothly with little to no problems?

Message 1 of 2 (274 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on HP Stream, Windows11

@Mileah_759  Without knowing the specs of this laptop, I can't give you a precise answer.  But in general, HP Steam laptops and similar models aren't built for gaming or other demanding tasks.  They're for surfing the web, consuming internet-based content (browser games, streaming video or music), and doing light tasks like school papers.  Their hardware can't handle much more than that, which is why they're priced the way they are.

That doesn't necessarily mean that this particular laptop can't run Sims 4.  If you want to troubleshoot with this system, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

I don't know what your budget was for this purchase, so I have no idea whether you could have done much better.  But even in this price range, you might be able to find a used laptop with hardware suitable for Sims 4, especially if you're comfortable shopping on Ebay or another peer-to-peer marketplace.  These sites can be kind of a mess though, and worse if you live in a location without much consumer protection.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (228 Views)