My Sims 4 Loading Screen is Stuck

by 0105beth

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 Loading Screen is Stuck

★ Novice

Hello, I have recently had troubles with loading my sims 4 game.

This is my problem-

I can load CAS and make a household with no problem, but when I go to the world and choose for them a house to move into, I am met by an infinitive loading screen. I don't know what has been causing this and I hope to find a solution soon. I have had the game for a while now but this error has not occurred since a few weeks ago. I haven't messed with the settings or anything - I'm not a computer expert so telling me to mess with my folders probably won't help unless I have step by step instructions lmao. I do have custom content though, so I am not sure if that is what has stopped my game actually loading.

Message 1 of 7 (2,898 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims 4 Loading Screen is Stuck

Champion (Retired)

@0105beth

Try to remove all your mods and see if the game works better.

For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (3,482 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@0105beth

Try to remove all your mods and see if the game works better.

For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that works but you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 7 (3,483 Views)

★ Novice
Hello! Thank you for replying so quickly. I have come to the conclusion that it is infact my mods that cause this problem. I run the game without any mod files and it loaded the game within a matter of seconds. Just a quick question as I am no Sims 4 Studio expert, how do I do batch-fixes? I know it is under the tools tab but I am unsure where to go from there. Many thanks Standard smile
Message 3 of 7 (2,857 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@0105beth

I don't have the program on this computer, at my parents place for Christmas/new years, but I think you choose Batch Fix, Object/CAS and then choose whatever batch fix you think is needed, probably the Cats&Dogs ones. But I think you can find more info on the S4S home page

Happy new year from Sweden, 22:07 Wink

Message 4 of 7 (2,833 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you so much for your help, I am still trying to fix my game but your solution has definitely helped! Happy new year :D
Message 5 of 7 (2,812 Views)

★★★ Novice
my sims 4 is stuck
Message 6 of 7 (2,244 Views)

Hero

Hi @neoma1961

have you tried all the suggestions given above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,232 Views)