Characters look like they have paint on them

by seahawks42134

Original Post

Characters look like they have paint on them

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats & Dogs, Parenthood, and Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk look at the screenshots
What happens when the bug occurs? The characters look like they have red and white paint, the characters disappear from the bottom the screen, and the toilet catches fire every time a character uses the toilet.
What do you expect to see? Regular characters that I created, the characters at the bottom, and no fire in the toilets
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the update the other day

Please fix this issue so I can play again. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (302 Views)

Re: Characters look like they have paint on them

Hero
@seahawks42134 Could you try right clicking on the game in Origin and hit repair game ?

Close the game first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (288 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem with some non playable Sims. Except paint is not red but kind of gold ?
Game has been repaired, and I just installed the new update to fix the crashing issue.

I'm adding a screenshot.

Skin is ok in CAS. It only looks this way in live mode.

Message 3 of 5 (253 Views)

Hero
@sterobeuk That's usually a skin cc issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CC-RELATED-Random-Sims-are-shiny-and-have-Texture-Over...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (243 Views)

Hero
@seahawks42134 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (182 Views)