Base Game Worlds and Wall/Roof Patterns Missing

by Malalee888

Original Post

Missing Neighborhoods after update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living Cats and Dogs Get to Work Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? missing neighborhood
What happens when the bug occurs? Missing Oasis Springs, Willow Creek and Newcrest since updating game
What do you expect to see? All of my neighborhoods
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest update issued on 7th April 2020

I updated the game on 7th April 2020 only to discover 3 of my neighborhoods were missing and the families living within these neighborhoods are also missing.  

Message 151 of 263 (1,068 Views)

Re: Missing Neighborhoods after update

Hero
@cathcolls83 Did you repair your game yet ?

Rightclick on the game in origin while the game is closed and hit repair.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 152 of 263 (1,065 Views)

Sims 4 not working after the newest update

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday I was playing Sims 4 and everything was all good. Today I installed the new update and now when I load any of my games it just opens the list of locked home worlds (that require different packs) but none of the free ones are listed and I can't get into the play mode. Does anyone know what I can do? I'm stuck!

Message 153 of 263 (1,163 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not working after the newest update

Hero
@ufoboi

Start by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 154 of 263 (1,141 Views)

Why is basegame glitching?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? (not sure how to check)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living cats and dogs tiny living get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just accessing the game and going into the create a sim and pre-made lots
What happens when the bug occurs? all basegame items disappear, sims disappear (because they are basegame)
What do you expect to see? that basegame is functional and the items are where they usually are and that I can create sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I did the new update

the floor patterns (basegame) have been replaced with question mark tiles and the wall textures/paint has been replaced with get together brick

oasis springs, willow creek and newcrest have disappeared of the worlds screen

Message 155 of 263 (1,134 Views)

Re: Why is basegame glitching?

★★★★★ Newbie

Can you go to Origin and make sure that your The Sims 4 is uploaded because as far as I know this can only occur when you don't have Base game(The Sims 4) maybe something went wrong with the update. Shutting down your computer before you go into origin and check may help.

Message 156 of 263 (1,124 Views)

Hero
@SK113R Start by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 157 of 263 (1,118 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not working after the newest update

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thank you. This helped me fix this issue on my PC. I never noticed that feature.
Message 158 of 263 (1,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

thank you so much! Standard smile I will try this! I am still quite new to the game

Message 159 of 263 (1,076 Views)

Re: Sims 4 the base game did a h

★★ Novice

I repaired it and it didn't work. I then uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it then repaired it and it still isn't working.

Message 160 of 263 (1,054 Views)