[MOD RELATED] Toilets breaking ever day

by ptrsknnr122

Original Post

Re: toilets breaking

★★★★ Novice

I just noticed when it happens I get a the 'gross prank' moodlete. 

Message 11 of 23 (2,034 Views)

Re: bug

★ Guide
@Iboopyournoses Have you attempted a game repair after taking out your mods/cc?
Message 12 of 23 (2,031 Views)

Re: toilets breaking

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SinnehTM In dorms or generally ?

It would be best to test this without mods/cc installed.

@Iboopyournoses I merged your thread. Could you please also test without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 23 (2,018 Views)

Exploding and unfix-able toilets bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use (any) toilet and after use it'll break (even if it's an unbreakable toilet)
What happens when the bug occurs? After my sims are done, the toilet sort of explodes, break and gets dirty and no matter how long they repair it, it doesn't get fixed.
What do you expect to see? That the toilets don't break after use and even if they do, you can fix them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, I removed my CC and Mods and the problem is gone. I don't play my game on a regular basis, so it's hard to pin point when this bug exactly happened. Every time I do play, I check of the mods I use are updated and update if they do. All, I know after the update on November the 12th, this bug appeared.

But I will go through my CC and Mods, to see which one causes this problem.

Message 14 of 23 (1,981 Views)

Re: Exploding and unfix-able toilets bug

★★★ Novice
@Skullminator Well, I seemed to fixed the problem. I went through all my mods, updated them and it seemed to have fixed the bug.
Message 15 of 23 (1,957 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Skullminator : Which mods do you have? (Glad to hear you figured it out, by the way!)
Message 16 of 23 (1,952 Views)

★★ Novice
@Skullminator I am having the same issue!! which mod did you have to delete/update?
Message 17 of 23 (1,931 Views)

★★★ Novice
@vypermartell Well, I have a bunch of LittleMsSam's mods including several others. But by doing the 50/50 method, I figured out that it was definitely one of LittleMsSam's mods, but I can't tell you which one.

Doing the 50/50 method was kind of a pain going through them. Especially when one half was in, it would corrupt my save file that I was using, until I put everything back. I just went to the LittleMsSam's site and checked every single mod for an update. Once I updated every single one of her mods, I went back into my game and everything was fixed.
I don't know if you have any of her mods, if you do, I would recommend going through them all and update them.
Message 18 of 23 (1,916 Views)

★★★ Novice

@StarryMight Well, I have quite a few to be honest. But some of the bigger ones include; , MC Command Center, Weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension and KawaiiStacie's Slice of life mod. Doing the 50/50 method, I very soon figured out I was none of those, to my relief. But I do have quite a lot of smaller ones, mostly of LittleMsSam's and some other. After removing the others, I narrowed it down to LittleMsSam's mods.

I spend a good hour and a half, on trying to figure out which mod it was specifically, but I didn't quite work, cause it would crash my save file. So, I decided to update each and single one of them and that worked, to my relief.

Message 19 of 23 (1,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've been having the EXACT same problem you described after installing Discover University. This thread made me realize it was a mod issue, but not the same one you were having since I don't have any of LittleMsSam's mods. For me it was WhosAsking's Already Upgraded mod on modthesims [Edited by EA_Mai: link to download removed]. Once I removed it, problem solved! It appears the creator is aware of the new issue and will be updating soon.

Message 20 of 23 (1,870 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help