UI and gameplay bug Nov 2019

by gracebickley

Original Post

UI and gameplay bug Nov 2019

★★★ Newbie

Whenever i open my game the menu loads normally but then when i go to play in a completely base game world, the loading screens take longer than normal and there are weird static lines across my screen whenever i play. Also, when my neighbours come for the welcome wagon, there is no option to invite them in, two soundtracks play over each other and the game is just generally slow. I've repaired the game three times, dragged out all of my custom content and i don't know what else i can do.

Message 1 of 5 (469 Views)

Re: UI and gameplay bug Nov 2019

Hero
@gracebickley Are you on a Mac or PC ? Any mods/CC in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (427 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue!

I’m on a MacBook Air, 64bit and 8GB ram, playing in laptop mode. I thought a mod was causing issues at first but I removed my mods folder and it’s still doing it.

The loading screens suddenly take excruciatingly long, about 4 times as long as before, and there are constant visual glitches in the UI. I’m guessing it has something to do with the UI rescaling update. I really hope they can fix this soon because the game is unplayable for me now Frown

Message 3 of 5 (407 Views)

Hero
@SleepingBakery Macs have several issue.

Best to post in the Mac forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on a Mac, but I fixed it by resetting the options as I had the video options up too high. Thank you. Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (351 Views)