Adult sims can't use computer

by binub1nu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Adult sims can't use computer

★★★ Newbie

Before this issue came up, I had already played earlier in the day with no issues. Basically, when I click on the computer no options pop up. The sims can get on the computer autonomously but I can't make them/choose what to do. I have tried different computers, different desks, and debugging both the computer and the sim, but nothing. However, my child sim can use the computer?? it just doesn't want to let the adult sims use it. Before this, I had just downloaded a few mods so at first, I assumed that was the issue. But I took the new mods out and started the game back up without them and still had the same issue. I don't know what else to try at this point.

Message 1 of 5 (2,263 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Adult sims can't use computer

Hero
@binub1nu Did you also try without any mods at all ?

Lots is outdated with the newest patch

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001789/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-26-22-sexual-orienta...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,259 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@binub1nu Did you also try without any mods at all ?

Lots is outdated with the newest patch

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001789/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-26-22-sexual-orienta...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrict I didn't initially because the issue only came up after I downloaded the new mods, but worked fine a few hours earlier. But I just went through and did the 50/50 method and figured out it was because of adeepindigo's venue fee lot trait! thanks for the list it helped!! I'm assuming it didn't work the first time because I didn't delete the localthumbcache bc that was one of the mods I tested playing without already. Again thanks so much

Message 3 of 5 (2,214 Views)

Hero
@binub1nu Glad you found the culprit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The exact same thing is happening to me....I am new the gamer world, and I could not understand the file the other guy was talking about, but I did download the adeepindigo mod a few hours ago since the, my adult sims has been acting weird towards the computers, pls help

Message 5 of 5 (1,432 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help