Original Post

Accepted Solution

Microwaved Quick Meal or Drink misleading as no available drinks on Microwave

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL EP EXCEPT HSY, GRO, HR and FR / ALL GP EXCEPT MWS / ALL SP / CKK-IAK-CSK-MCK-FFK-DLK-PPK-ECK-SCK-GRK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a microwave (or a fridge) and choose "Microwaved Quick Meal or Drink"
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't choose a drink from the microwave
What do you expect to see? To not see the option "Drink" for the Microwave
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I noticed it happened before patch 1.103 but post patch 1.102

While I appreciate the new interaction of quick meals taken from the fridge (or lunchboxes) that also includes drinks, it is incorrect to add drinks for the microwave too, as there is no drink to take from the microwave.

This picture is from the 1.103 patch notes

Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 00-53-04 Update 12_05_2023.png

This is from in-game (It's in Italian, but if also the patch notes said it, it means it also happens in English)

quickmeal_microwave.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Split from other thread, Adjusted Titel

Message 1 of 3 (229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Various Text and Translation Errors

[ Edited ]
Hero

@GiardiniDiMarzo Going to split this as it's not an englisch text error.

Don't even know if it's a bug cause according to the patch notes, that how they wanted it named. So possibly feedback ?

EDIT: That said I have Hot Water as an option. Not sure if that is from a pack you don't own (I have all including early access for rent). Moving General Discussion. Let me know if I misunderstand your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (215 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@GiardiniDiMarzo Going to split this as it's not an englisch text error.

Don't even know if it's a bug cause according to the patch notes, that how they wanted it named. So possibly feedback ?

EDIT: That said I have Hot Water as an option. Not sure if that is from a pack you don't own (I have all including early access for rent). Moving General Discussion. Let me know if I misunderstand your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (216 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Okay nevermind, now I get it. I had captured that screenshot on November 24, but I had not created a post on this forum because I thought it was an error in the Italian version. Today I checked and indeed the Hot Water option has been added which was previously not there. Probably the addition of the drink in the wording was introduced in the previous patch or in an SDX, but the actual option to take a hot drink from the microwave came with this patch. It would have helped if it had been stated a little better in the patch notes. You can close this thread now.
Message 3 of 3 (185 Views)