[WORK IN PROGRESS] Game Lockups

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Detective Career constantly lags

Hero

@Deckete Checked your save and while yours isn't as bad as @ja420 I can see lags as well.

I'll forward your save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 44 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Hi Crin. I think I may have found a workaround on this. I definitely think that this issue is a deadlock like you described earlier. Since we've spoken last I've tried some workarounds and one that seems to be effective is when the prisoners are screaming in their cells, if I hold down shift and right click on the screaming prisoner, then click onto "reset object." it seems to allow the action to go through. I've done this a couple of times at the station and it seems to work. I believe this may also be linked to the homework issue. By the way since we've last spoken I upgraded to the GEForce 1060. Great card. However I tried my theory on my previous card and the workaround also worked fine. Hope this can help the devs out some what.
Message 32 of 44 (767 Views)

Hero

Thanks for your report.

I'm sure that's good for the devs to know so tagging @SimGuruNick and @IrishMadCat_EA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 44 (757 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you @crinrict.

Thank you for providing the workaround @ja420. Would you mind PMing me all your lastException.txt files which can be found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 so we can investigate further? 

Kind Regards

Irishmadcat_EA

Message 34 of 44 (745 Views)

★★ Guide
Sure I'm glad to help. I hope that this is able to help Others too.
Message 35 of 44 (734 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was a time out. The problem persists?

Message 36 of 44 (725 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post this exactly, but I've made a vampire sim who's a detective and time is literally frozen upon arrival to the station. I got notifications about the sim they're looking for, everyone is moving in terms of animations, but he can't go inside the building and he's losing vampire energy. I pressed pause and time continued to go forward to about 9 something in game (with him not doing anything), eventually caught up with itself and reset, but his vampire energy didn't. It's now extremely low and he doesn't seem to be able to go inside. This is his second day of work. On his first day, I had a similar issue where after we returned from the crime scene it took me three or four hours to analyse evidence. Everything broke completely when I tried to make him stay late. Nothing was moving, and the day wouldn't end. I had hit the leave work early button. I'm not sure whether this is a vampire pack issue, detective issue or maybe even a toddler update issue, because I've had trouble with time since the toddler update, but not to this extreme. I've also never had a problem with the detective career in the past. I'm going to try and save my vampire now. Thanks.

Message 37 of 44 (665 Views)

Hero

Could you post your specs

Also any mods in your game ?

Could you try  a normal Sim if you have the same issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 44 (657 Views)

Betreff: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Issues with time/Clock

★★ Guide

I'm experiencing the same problem and opened a thread in the Mac section regarding it. The freeze happens wherever Sims can read, so I'm assuming this is caused by the books themselves? It's barely noticeable at my Sims' home or at cafés, but nearly unbearable on library lots. There are also usually some (book) club gatherings, which doesn't help at all, since their members constantly start reading new books instead of finishing one.

Message 39 of 44 (628 Views)

Betreff: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Issues with time/Clock

Hero

Hi @puderosasims

yours sounds more like a game lockup issue so I moved your thread to this thread.

Could you please provide info asked on the first page ?

Also is it all the libraries or only a certain one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 44 (618 Views)