[PS5] Sim not loading, missing Sim panel

by daylin2001

Original Post

[PS5] Sim not loading, missing Sim panel

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello! Guys please, for the love of god help me I am going INSANE!!!!!!!! please read dont leave me hanging.

psa i have a ps5, no mods no cc.

i made a werewolf household like two days ago and since the start when i place them in a lot, my sims dont show up. it loads and its just the lot. no sims, no needs panel, no sim panel; nothing on the bottom of the screen except the winding tab with the time and my $ tab. the sims basically dont exist. SOMETIMES, in the attempts of restarting for it to work, the sims would load up and do theyre own thing immediately . i still though had no control or ability to even click ANYTHIN nor have any of the tabs mentioned above. i cannot do a single thing except watch them.

with all the talk of the last update in february, i am going bonkers searching. the only thing that was affective for me was creating a new game with a generated sim and not a saved sim, and i can play. because the saved household i kept inputting kept not working even when i'd do a new game with them. 

i did a CHEAT TO ADD sims to an existing household because i was liike ??? i added my desired sim and he IS NOT  in the panel alongside the generated sim 😭. it is just the generated sim. my custom sim is talking and walking around like a neighbor basically lol! because i only see the generated sims panel and all of the above for a sim you're playing as. but him? nada.

is this an outfit thing? a werewolf thing? what is going on.. its so many different varieties of bugs since february that i HAD to log in and write my own post and experience . im fed up sorry. this is frustrating. ive been here 3 hours

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 14 (818 Views)

Re: [PS5] Sim not loading, missing Sim panel

Hero
@daylin2001 To be sure, I understand you correctly, it's only happening with this one Sim household ? If you create a new one or play any other existing household, it works ?

It does sound like some kind of corruption.

Do you have the family in the gallery ? What's the name ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (797 Views)

★★ Novice

hi! thank you for your time i truly appreciate it.

i did a couple experiments for you. out of every single household i placed, whether a wolf or a regular sim, one from my library, one from the gallery or just one that's generated, i can play.

i can even play the sims i downloaded and modified, but the old version; the unmodified original version from the creator i downloaded it from.

so it just my two sims which i modified. this is so frustrating! because what is stopping these sims specifically from being able play and show up? idk what i did, or couldve done.

i uploaded them to the gallery if you want to check it out please! 

my @ is bbgday09

the name of the pair is "Lone Wolves" 

included:

-1st file is the pair i cant play as with its packs and all.

-2nd file includes a picture of ALL the randoms test sims and the original family i modified, plus the two male sims in file 1 that are corrupted.

-3rd file shows them in play mode all showing up on panel, except my two male sims despite them being in the lot talking with the rest. 

Message 3 of 14 (778 Views)

★★ Novice

i truly believe it could be the update. with all the information i was looking through , im not the only one able to play with certain sims but not others. i even reinstalled the game and nothing. a lot of people seemingly havent been able to fix this. 

Message 4 of 14 (769 Views)

Hero
@daylin2001 So, they place fine for me and I can play them. Maybe it's an issue with console.

I'll check with other helpers if someone can check them on console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (765 Views)

★★ Novice

no way!! oh my lord this is dissapointing . but okay yes thank you for that, and your help truly. idk what else i could do. i think i just wont be able to play as them .

Message 6 of 14 (756 Views)

Champion

@daylin2001   Hello!  Thanks for uploading the household so we could test it.  I added them to games on my PS4 and PS5.  I had the same issue that you reported.  The sims just don't show up in Live Mode.

LoneWolvesTest.png

Furthermore, when I go back to Manage Worlds, they're nowhere to be found.  They're not on the lot I put them in.  They're not in my Manage Households menu.  This is so strange and sad because I do think the household was corrupted somehow.  :-(

I'm going to test some more but I wanted you to know I had the same issue;  it's not just you.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 7 of 14 (701 Views)

★★ Novice

hi!! hope all is well and i again thank you all for your cooperation. 

so when i went to play again, idk why i didnt think of this before but i decided to see if it was this creators household in specific that i downloaded and modified that was acting up. so i try to play with the original family that i modified into the two males. and sure enough, none of the family members popped up. other households this sim creator has done did work, so it proved to me that this specific household this creator made had a corruption for sure, my luck 😭 

so i knew i had no choice but to redo them.  i redid the sims from scratch; made a copy of both.  i made twins for them and went from there lol!! good thing is i like them better now 😂😂

Again, THANK YOU for your help guys. it's refreshing to experience a helpful community , coming from a fellow sim player playing since the first game. 

Take care! 

Message 8 of 14 (698 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i should also clarify,

two posts above or so i wrote that i couldnt play with the original family i modified. i just noticed

i forgot i tried it already and genuinely thought the second time aka now was my AHA moment but yknow, life. i forgot 😂😭 but yeah i should've known from there on out it was that specific household. i was hyper focused on all the similiarities others were having with this recent february update, thus blaming the update :P

Message 9 of 14 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@daylin2001   Thanks for the extra clarification!  So, these two guys were part of a household that you DLed from the Gallery.  Is that correct?

I just DLed your share from the Gallery to my PC game as well.  Then I tried saving them to my library and they were flagged with Custom Content.  If you did get them from the Gallery, I'm wondering if they had in-game jewelry that flagged as CC but somehow managed to show for you in the Gallery.  I don't think that should be possible since for console players, we should not be able to see Gallery content flagged with CC.  It could be that it's not being flagged propery and this may be what caused the glitch for you.  EDIT: This was my fault.  I had mods in my PC game that added CC.  There was no CC flag when I saved again without mods.

Would you mind sharing the creator and the name of the original household you got from the Gallery?  If you'd rather not mention that here, you can send it to me in a direct message.  I just want to test the original in my game.

I'm also going to test saving a household with a sim wearing in-game crafted jewelry to see if the same thing happens.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 10 of 14 (687 Views)