[ARVCHIVED] Uninvited Sims Entering Owned Homes/Apartment (ask to leave present)

by Kyr0e

Original Post

Re: Uninvited Sims Entering Owned Homes/Apartments (ask to leave present)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Theenaabeenaa There's several threads with several causes so make sure you give the correct link for the correct issue.

@babuchas01 Just trying to determine who as what issue cause in the other thread few people sad not even that keeps people from entering.

EDIT: All current threads linked in post #2

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 35 (1,404 Views)

Re: Uninvited Sims Entering Owned Homes/Apartments (ask to leave present)

Hero
@Kyr0e I tested your save with your the to uni students living in Evergreen Harbor and fast forwarded for about a week. I had 3 visitors. None of them just entered.

Guess it's down to I can't duplicate atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 35 (1,371 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Uninvited Sims Entering Owned Homes/Apartments (ask to leave present)

★★ Pro

I am seeing this and it happens a lot in the Pinecrest apartments in Evergreen harbour. This one's in Pinecrest aptmt #404. I'm just doing some bug testing on a completely mod free save and I had Knox Greenburg to come to the house to talk about green living or whatever it is when you start a new save. I just ignored him so I didn't invite him in but after a while he just barged in to take a bath in my bathroom. (If it's any use, I can submit a new bug report through the form.) I wish uninvited sims weren't able to just come and bathe in my apartment, thank you.

10-06-21_7-19-24 PM.png

Message 13 of 35 (1,326 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Uninvited Sims Entering Owned Homes/Apartments (ask to leave present)

★★★ Guide

Have this happening again as well in Mt. Komorebi. I disallowed solicitors, neighbours and vampires, I unlock the door during the day, and suddenly unknown Sims start to enter my home. No interaction to make them leave, only have "friendly introduction, rude introduction" etc. So far did not experience it if the doors are locked.

Message 14 of 35 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this issue for the first time yesterday after moving my household out of a flat in San Myshuno and in a house I built myself in Newcrest.

There was no uninvited guests showing up when they lived in the flat, but it's now happening incessantly and it's very annoying. The ask to leave interaction is not available, so I have to use MCC to evict them. They usually come right back in a few minutes later and go about their day rading my fridge and watching TV and whatnot. 

I have noticed that it's always the same two townies showing up, they are a couple and live in Newcrest as well, but to be fair I haven't played that long and this particular world is not much populated so this might be why.

My sims had no relationship with this random townies initially. I have just locked the doors to only household members for now because it was driving me crazy, but this is obviously not a proper fix.

I do have mods and cc but this is not happening in any of my other saves which leads me to think it isn't mods related. 

I am currently doing a game repair and will clear my cache before giving it another go, but I don't have much hope as this is something I do often anyway. 

I don't mind sharing my save if it can help. Just let me know how I can do that.

Message 15 of 35 (1,202 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Афрохиома I suspect that get together is involved here, because when I settled the character in Windenburg, random sims began to enter my house without asking.
Message 16 of 35 (1,166 Views)

★★ Guide

Same here. I noticed this only after started playing in Copperdale, and I did play a while after the patch in Strangerville, but didn't notice this there. Could have been down to luck, though. Or the walkby sim percentage there having the possessed to perhaps diminish the chances of this?

Living in the Copperdale starter home, and sims keep doing that. Amusingly they use the back door instead of front, and just walk in. First was a teen who just walked in and went straight to the adult of the family and asked them to become best friends. They didn't even know each other. Second teen walked in and started doing homework at the kitchen table. I'm trying to remember if any of the adults in the neighborhood have been doing this, but can't recall right now. 

The option to 'send home' is present. Weather is good. They don't go to toilet or drink water, just come in and do whatever random.

Meanwhile the occasional visiting vampire wait politely at the front door and then go away.

Message 17 of 35 (990 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is just getting worst. I feel like most random sims come to my home when my sim is in the bathroom. But now an ADULT came home and ask my CHILD (they did not know each other) if she wanted to be his girlfriend... honestly that is not okay, not even in Sims bug.

Message 18 of 35 (976 Views)

sims keep entering my house uninvited and dont knock

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I dont know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? highschool
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? sims enter my house
What do you expect to see? sims to not enter without knocking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the newest patches or highschool pack

random sims keep entering my house without being invited, have to leave without saving now because i tried to kill one because i wasnt getting the option to tell her to leave but instead the cheat to kill sims kills the sim im currently on instead of the sim i clicked on. this is extremely frustrating because sims also enter and constantly ask all my sims to be bestfriends.

Message 19 of 35 (996 Views)

Re: sims keep entering my house uninvited and dont knock

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Try messing with the "no trespassing" settings on the door. They are kind of confusing since they only show two options. Clicking Dissallow will prevent trespassers, but of course it then changes to say "allow" which makes the player (at least me.) often think that it's set to "allow" tresspassers.   Also sometimes it doesn't seem to set itself until after you've clicked it once and then back.  I don't know, maybe I'm the only one totally confused by the wording and use of it.   

Also obviously you can mess with the lock settings as well. If you really want a sim to be able to come and go as they please, if you make good enough friends with them then you can give them a key. If they get annoying then you can always take the key back. This allows you to really control who can come and go.  Lock the door for everyone but you and then give a key to only the sims you really like.  

Message 20 of 35 (965 Views)