Newborn doesn't scream before taken away warning, then went invisible

by ae2e2ad59c70318d

Original Post

Newborn doesn't scream before taken away warning, then went invisible

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs except Batuu, all stuff packs except perfect patio, my first pet, luxury party stuff, fitness stuff, cool kitchen stuff, bowling night and backyard stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe try playing with a newborn right now? I'm not sure, I'm hoping it's unique to my save.
What happens when the bug occurs? After downloading the infant patch and buying the new expansion, my Sims had a science baby, and the newborn in the bassinet has been really unusual. First she continued to sleep when a pop up said she'd be taken away if I don't feed her. I fed her immediately, but she wasn't yelling, she slept the whole time. Then, after I returned from a Dream Home Decorator gig (which was extraordinarily buggy, but that I expected), the newborn was actually whisked away to safety, without ever crying, and without me receiving a warning this time. Unfortunately, I exited without saving, so I can't share that save. Then, after I resumed the game, this time I did get the "your newborn will be taken away" warning, but again, she wasn't crying, she was just sleeping. I fed her. And now, my newborn is invisible. In my status bar she's looking happy, but there's nothing in the bassinet. I never turned mods back on after the patch shut them off, but now I've removed them completely from the file to see if that helps. I thought mods wouldn't interfere with the game if they were shut off though?
What do you expect to see? The newborn to cry for at least a while before I get a "your newborn is too hungry, if you don't do something she'll be whisked to safety" warning. Also, I expect to get that warning before the newborn is taken away. Also, I expect the newborn to not be invisible.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Growing Together pack.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 4.26.20 PM.png

This is the only crib in the house, and the newborn was in it a second ago - you can see the newborn is present and happy (green) in the status bar, but disappeared in the bassinet. 

Message 1 of 2 (586 Views)

Re: Newborn doesn't scream before taken away warning, then went invisible

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ae2e2ad59c70318d Did delete the localthumbcache file after turning off mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (575 Views)