[NOT BUG] Pre-Patch Sims: Appearance not fixed with tooth patch update

by AngelGirl232

Original Post

Re: Sim's appearance not fixed with loose tooth patch update

★★★★ Novice
@SoraBunni Yep, I'm bummed that the update didn't fix her. She's nine days from being a teen and I've been playing the waiting game for over a month.
Message 11 of 34 (1,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MoonlitexAngel Yeah, I don't want any more of my sim children affected by this. Losing teeth was not worth this. At this point, I just want to know if she can be fixed.
Message 12 of 34 (1,077 Views)

★ Guide

I'll do more extensive testing tomorrow, however it does seem that this was fixed from occurring further PRELIMINARILY. I went into one save and made the kids go to sleep for about an hour in game time over and over till one of the two lost a tooth. He lost two, she lost one and neither got squished faces.

I'll test it more tomorrow unless others test it and have it come up (this was just a small test in one save cuz it's late).

Sims who were changed by this issue previously are PERMANENTLY altered as this is/was a glitch with genetics and so is something they can't fix retroactively as far as I'm aware.

The only fixes I'm aware of are to either use MCCC to copy/paste if you've got an old version of the Sim or to recover the save to see if it goes far enough back that the child is unaffected. 

Message 13 of 34 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MoonlitexAngel This is how I understand it as well.

The patch was meant to ensure that this will no longer occur for the new child sims that haven't been affected yet but every child sim that was previously hit with this bug will continue to have permanent changes going forward.
Which sadly, means if your child sims have a squished face, it will not be fixed and on top of that, because it is genetic, that child sims' children will also have squished faces.

Message 14 of 34 (1,004 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

To be sure I understand this correctly, Sims that weren't already distorted (child or teen) still get the facial distortion after loosing the tooth ?

Or are these only Sims that were already affected as child and teen and still had issues after growing up ?

I don't think that the patch can fix already broken Sims (even if they aged up) cause the features was already changed but @WildPandasEatU report sounds like it's still happening to Sims that were unaffected prior to the patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 34 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MoonlitexAngel regarding MCCC.
Can I just revert my teen sim to a child, when she had normal face, copy that face with MCCC, then change her back to teen and paste that face with MCCC?
This should fix even permanently broken sims...
Message 16 of 34 (875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@rostsitFrom reading this thread, it seems like their appearance changes when they start losing teeth. I copied and pasted the gallery versions of my sims as kids, and when I aged them up they still had deformed faces. I had to age up all versions and then copy the faces for it to work. I hope that made sense 🙃.

Well I copied the faces and when I tested aging them up to YA in CAS, they reverted back to the deformed face. 

Message 17 of 34 (805 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SoraBunni Thanks for sharing. I will try some testing with MCCC also.
Message 18 of 34 (752 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict For me my sim was already affected.
Message 19 of 34 (742 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@MoonlitexAngel Yeah, I recovered the furthest save I could and she's still bugged. So my understanding is that with the MCCC copy/paste option, I would have to do this with each life stage going forward. Right? I've been debating whether or not I should delete her from the household and replace her with the unbugged gallery copy.

Message 20 of 34 (737 Views)