[NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Non Freelance Sims Getting Reminders to Do Gigs

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 71 of 80 (640 Views)

★ Apprentice

When I try to attach a save file I get 'unsupported extension type' and when I try to go to direct message I don't see any way to attach a file. The instructions you link simply say to attach the file, they don't say how Standard smile

I'd love to attach my effected save or saves but I need instructions for really really clueless pc users!

Message 72 of 80 (594 Views)

Home Decor Gig pop up when not in that career.

★ Apprentice

Getting Home Decorating Gig pop up reminder when sim isn't in this career and never has been.  This is popping up daily.  How is this possible?  Sim is currently in the music career.  Other sim in the house is in the digital art career however.  Could there be a mix up bug with this? Dont know how to stop this from appearing or why its happening.  The sim in the digital art career is regularly doing work and therefore isnt getting a reminder pop up. Anyone else ever have this.  Non of my sims in this save have ever been in this career.  To be honest i dont do this career as found it to be to buggy.

Message 73 of 80 (596 Views)

Re: Home Decor Gig pop up when not in that career.

Hero
@Twinkle1974 Is this what you are seeing bug for the home designer instead of freelance crafter: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-ECO-Non-Freelance-Sims-Getting-Reminders-to-Do-Gig... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 80 (586 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes I believe this is what is occurring.  First time i have had this happen and have played the freelance careers a lot.  I havent downloaded any new packs for years now.  I just get the game updates.  Unsure why this is happening now.  But looks like this is a bug thats been about for some time.  Shame Frown  Will just change careers again.  Fingers crossed for a fix.

Message 75 of 80 (582 Views)

Hero
@Twinkle1974 Could you send your save to EA then as per post above (merged your thread).
Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 80 (560 Views)

★ Apprentice

Im afraid i dont know how to send a save file.  However, today ive gone back into the game and been playing for 2 hours.  The only pop up reminder has been for the sim in the digital career as its meant to be.  Either repair or restarting of the game might of fixed it for me.  Will keep an eye out if it comes back.  Fingers crossed.

Message 77 of 80 (526 Views)

★★ Guide

My teen sim, child sim and horses not only get the maker reminders but they get asked to upload a video plus home decorator jobs? There are so many pop ups. This has only happened since the last update. Oh, that old lady calls every every day to move in to take care of infants? No Adults, toddlers or infants in household. I just started a new game to test the More Views Media station. These agent/gig calls and the old lady were happening in the last game also. This is incredibly annoying now that there is more than one sim in the household.

Message 78 of 80 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My infant just got a call to remind them to do some gigs.

When I hit yes, the screen for interior design gigs came up.

The infant of course wasn't quite ready to take on -any- of the jobs, it appears they didn't have the required skillset.

Not sure how they got themselves a phone either, still haven't found where they're hiding that.

Message 79 of 80 (441 Views)

★ Guide
I've been getting this a lot in the household I'm currently playing. The household has 2 elders who are in the freelance maker career, 2 young(adults) in non-freelance careers, 1 infant/toddler (she recently aged up), and a young adult NPC roommate. One of the (young) adults has gotten this gig reminder call a few times despite never having been in a freelance career, and now his young daughter is getting them too! The two sims that are actually in the freelance maker career I don't think have ever gotten one of these calls? (they have been very active in the career though, both at level 4 now, so I wouldn't expect them to be getting reminder calls)

There is no CC of any kind in my game.
Playing on PC, game version: 1.106.148.1030
Packs are: EPs: Get to Work, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, High School Years, Growing Together, Horse Ranch
GPs: Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves
SPs: Luxury Party Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Paranormal Stuff
Kits: Fashion Street Kit, Desert Luxe Kit
And the free Holiday Celebration Pack
Message 80 of 80 (57 Views)