[NEEDS SAVES] Breakable Objects can't be repaired (endless repairing)

by rvchelsims

Original Post

Sims repair broken objects forever and won't stop even though object is fixed

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except journey to batuu and my wedding stories. No kits except for country kitchen or whatever it's called.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim repair any broken object.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim keeps repairing for hours on end (presumably forever) until you cancel the action. The object at some point stops looking like it's broken and actually does get fixed and functions normally once you cancel the action, your sim just doesn't notice and does the repairing forever until you stop them.
What do you expect to see? Sim repairs an object and stops when it is fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims repair objects forever, not sure what else to say. 

Message 21 of 34 (1,631 Views)

Re: Sims repair broken objects forever and won't stop even though object is fixe

Hero
@renarya This usually happens if an unbreakable objects breaks. Do you have this with breakable objects as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 34 (1,620 Views)

Re: Sims repair broken objects forever and won't stop even though object is fixe

★★★★ Novice

None of my objects are unbreakable so yes, they've been broken by rampaging werewolves so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Message 23 of 34 (1,588 Views)

Hero
@renarya Moved your post to the thread for breakable objects then

Please send your save to EA:

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 34 (1,573 Views)

Re: Repairing objects bug

★★★★ Novice

@spiralingshape wrote:

i've had the same issue- the repair goes to full but never completes. think that handiness goes up the entire time? this happens even on objects that have no upgrades (either added through handiness or default to the item). debugging the object doesn't work, only replacing it entirely seems to. i don't use any cc/mods, playing most recent version. i don't get this bug every time i try to repair an object, but i've gotten this bug on and off for a pretty long time (like, 6 months minimum). most recent instance of this, the object (digital keyboard) was broken by being outside in the rain, but in the past i've had 100% indoor objects suffer the same bug

I am having this same issue on Xbox series x (all packs, kits, and dlc installed, modding not possible) My sim found a computer in the dumpster so when I placed it the computer had to be repaired. He has been repairing it for 2 days now. The repair goes to full but it never completes & my handiness skill continues to increase. My sims lot is off the grid but I have solar panels and a surplus on power (not sure if this is related to the problem)

Message 25 of 34 (1,377 Views)

Appliances can’t be fixed

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? For rent, horse farm, growing together, high school, cottage living, snowy escape, eco living, university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fix a broken appliance.
What happens when the bug occurs? Appliances are broken and when trying to fix them the sim gets stuck in an endless loop. Appliances can’t be fixed.
What do you expect to see? Appliances should get fixed when commanding a sim to do so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading ‘for rent’.

All kitchen and electrical appliances are broken. When commanding sim to fix, the action will go on forever and appliances can not be fixed.

Message 26 of 34 (926 Views)

Re: Appliances can’t be fixed

Hero
@IsahvanH Did you upgrade them or is this on non-upgraded items ?

Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing your mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 34 (794 Views)

★ Novice

I hadn’t deleted the localthumbcache file before but I have now. 

Now my sim can finish the action of repairing stuff, but it breaks again instantly. 

It’s upgraded and non upgraded items alike. The things breaking are electrical, so kitchen appliance and computers. My showers, toilets and sinks are fine.

Message 28 of 34 (777 Views)

Hero

HI @IsahvanH 

Try the following

• Close the game
  • Rename Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4_Old
  • Start the game. All your content will be gone now as the game created a new folder. All your saves/.. is still in the old folder so not to worry
  • Start a new save game
  • Check if you still have the error
  • Report back with your results for further steps on how to get your stuff back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 34 (764 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue however I’m playing on Xbox. Is there a solution for this platform?

Message 30 of 34 (684 Views)