Re: Can’t open chest in new quest

by Pinkcollins

Original Post

Game freezing after purchased suitcase

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Sony xz
OS Version Android 8.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002985823666
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a suitcase from the new competitive limited time prize track. It then freezes the game when you click on it. When I close the game and reenter its stuck in the shimmering suitcase and freezes when I click on it. I can't click anywhere else
What do you expect to see? Either my game to open properly and be playable or for the suitcase to open/vanish Nb I have already opened two with no problems...
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country England
Additional feedback Help

Help

Message 3 of 31 (1,445 Views)

Can’t open chest in new quest

★★★ Newbie

A new quest came up so I completed the first part and it sent me to purchase a chest which I can’t open. I’m frozen on this screen. I’ve force closed and rebooted but every time I open the game I’m still on this frozen screen. 

Message 1 of 31 (1,416 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm also stuck! Restarted phone, uninstalled/reinstalled app, hard reset of phone, force stopped app. Nothing worked!

Message 2 of 31 (1,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another one here! 

Tried all options too. 

Message 4 of 31 (1,362 Views)

Re: Game freezing after purchased suitcase

★ Expert

force shut down of the game. Your rewards should be there when you restart. I had to do that. whenever my game freezes like that , I shut down and turn off my phone, pull my sd card, put it back and restart my phone. 

Message 5 of 31 (1,359 Views)

Sims Mobile Summer Throwdown Prize glitch

★★★ Newbie

My Sims Mobile game is stuck at the Summer Throwdown League reward screen. Every time I try to open the prize box to clear the screen, the game freezes. The box is there when I open the game and I when I try to open it, the game freezes again. There’s no other way to exit except to quit the app entirely. I’ve tried deleting the game from my iPad Pro, clearing my cache, restarting and reinstalling and even installing the game on my phone (iphone 7) but the box persists there, too. 

Message 6 of 31 (1,367 Views)

Help no help bug in new event

★★★ Newbie

Im level 26.  

Usually play on my ipad runing ios 11.4.1

ive been in contact with help.  But apparently my problem is a bug and I was told to post it here.

with the new event, arrows were pointing to open a chest, and its stuck at the point that I cleared clicked to open it.

ive done everything, deleted the game, reintalled and loaded from the facebook cloud and its still stuck on the chest.

i was told to try a different device, so loaded it on my phone..a samsung and same thing.

any ideas?

kinda sad, i liked that game.

Help offered 30 simoleons, but its not worth it if i cant get into the game.

Message 7 of 31 (1,348 Views)

Re: Sims Mobile Summer Throwdown Prize glitch

EA app Team
Hi everyone,

I've merged a few threads about the same issue into this one, so we can have all the information together.

We are looking into this, thanks everyone for your reports!

-Mai
Message 8 of 31 (1,336 Views)

Re: Help no help bug in new event

[ Edited ]

@meltcraig

I moved your post to the SIMS mobile thread.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 9 of 31 (1,336 Views)

Re: Help no help bug in new event

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Could you give it another try now and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks again for taking the time to report this issue!

-Mai

Message 10 of 31 (1,580 Views)