by ELryuu

Original Post

[GRO] Bunk beds have grey squares

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.345.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, Crystal Creations, some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the left ladder GreatShapes Great Heights Bunk Bed in build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? The texture is very patchy and the bed features weird grey squares where on other swatches there are pictures.
What do you expect to see? The same color texture throughout.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed that the new bunkbeds from Growing Together expansion pack have these weird gray squares. I get that the big square is for the texture with the drawings, but the gray square is quite... um, ugly.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 17 (961 Views)

Re: Growing together - bunkbeds patchy texture

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ELryuu I checked these in my game and they are white for me.

Bild_2023-03-17_103925949.png

What graphics settings are you playing on and what platform ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wondered if this was a glitch or if they were supposed to look like that! I have the grey squares on three or four swatches -- I think all the ones that don't have children's art attached. I only found myself using the art texture ones because the grey bit looked bad to me, like there was something missing.

Message 3 of 17 (909 Views)

Hero
@dalolaw1017 Did you repair your game ? What graphics settings are you playing on and what platform ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (895 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I know this is from a while ago, but I also have this problem in my game :0 I play on PC (EA App) and my graphics quality is set to Ultra
Message 5 of 17 (841 Views)

Hero
@preciousbun What plattform are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (830 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I’m not sure if I know what you mean? I play on a laptop using Microsoft software?
Message 7 of 17 (825 Views)

Hero
@preciousbun Yup, that's what I mean, sorry. I see you said PC above :D

Do you have it on all swatches or the same as above only on those that have art ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrictOkay this is so weird. I went to go check the bed again just to double check and now all the swatches are normal?? Before all except the last 4 ones that have drawings on them were greyed out :0

I don’t know what fixed it tbh, I usually delete my localthumbnailcache after I’ve added any mods or cc so I did that today, only thing I can think of that would have fixed it 😅

Message 9 of 17 (795 Views)

Hero
@preciousbun That's possible. Glad you fixed it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (791 Views)