[FIXED] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

by MrAustenM

Original Post

Re: Freelance career broken

Hero
@vickifog Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 121 of 163 (1,018 Views)

Digitalistic Sketchpad

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a sim uses the digitalistic sketchpad
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will use the sketchpad to paint, before the task is complete the Sim will reset by placing the sketchpad on the floor, and the pen still in their hands. The painting has disappeared
What do you expect to see? The sketchpad complete the task and the paintings stored in the inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried to repair the game...I clicked the repair option many times and it still did not work

Message 122 of 163 (963 Views)

Sketchpad not working

★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a picture on digitalistic sketchpad.
What happens when the bug occurs? While using digitalistic sketchpad, progress come til 90% and then restet all Sim action and delete all the progress and picture working on.
What do you expect to see? Finish creating a picture
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 123 of 163 (1,019 Views)

Re: Freelance Artist Can't Finish Painting, Resets

★★★★★ Newbie

Thar exact issue is happening to me. When my freelancer artist is working on a piece and it is almost finished, they reset. I have tried reopening the game, deleting the content i had for it and buying several new tablets. I do not know how to fix this issue, but I am currently trying.

Message 124 of 163 (1,003 Views)

No painting in inventory when using digitalistic sketchpad

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Nothing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When painting from the Digitalistic Sketchpad.
What happens when the bug occurs? I expect the painting to appear in my inventory when it is finished, but it doesn't.
What do you expect to see? There must be a finished painting in my inventory.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There is no painting when I paint thru Digitalistic Sketchpad.

Message 125 of 163 (946 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Mosochino Stuff, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use the digitalistic sketchpad to create a painting. Have your sim finish creating the painting on the pad.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the painting process comes to a finish, the pad itself teleports to the floor and resets the sim who was painting. No painting is generated in the sims inventory and the drawing pen remains in their hand. I've tried replacing the sketchpad with a new one to try again and it does the same thing, and I've noticed after this bug happens the sketchpad's value immediately drops to $0.
What do you expect to see? The digitalistic sketchpad to work correctly and generate paintings the way it used to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Used many before but after a repair I now only use MC Command Center and UI Extension Cheats (Both up to date)

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes it occurred either after the initial Snowy Escape patch or the emergency patch a few days later.

I'm having the same issues. I thought I broke my game again with mods but after seeing others having the same problem it's clearly one of the two most recent updates that broke it. It's extremely annoying and isn't fixed by going into the World Manager (which usually helps fix a lot of bugs). A fix for this (even if it's a mod) would be very nice. I had to change the storyline for one of my sims because of this.

Message 126 of 163 (959 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims reset using the Digitalistic Sketchpad

★★ Novice
I noticed that since the update the freelance career is fixed except I find that the digital sketchpad doesn't work cuz my sim resets every time the they are just about finished a task using the sketchpad so I can never finish the freelance tasks. Im playing on the ps4 so im assuming its a problem across all platforms and I have no mods or cc installed. Its super annoying!
Message 127 of 163 (939 Views)

Paintings made from sketchpad doesn't appear in inventory

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Nothing.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Paint in Digitalistic Sketchpad
What happens when the bug occurs? No finished painting in inventory when it is made from Digitalistic Sketchpad.
What do you expect to see? There must be a finished painting in my inventory.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There is no painting in my inventory when I paint thru Digitalistic Sketchpad, even if I go to Freelancer and choose the digital artist thingy.

Message 128 of 163 (920 Views)

Re: Paintings made from sketchpad doesn't appear in inventory

Hero (Retired)
@louirferrer I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 129 of 163 (914 Views)

Re: Paintings made from sketchpad doesn't appear in inventory

★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper Thank you
Message 130 of 163 (842 Views)