[FIXED] [GRO] Sweater makes child stretch to the side

by Mtralk4

Original Post

Re: growing together child glitch

Champion (Retired)

@zobesims 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 11 of 35 (2,873 Views)

Re: growing together child glitch

Hero
@zobesims I merged your post with the bug report on this. It's the sweater. Give your Sim a different one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 35 (2,852 Views)

A sim's upper half glitching

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work Get Together City Living Cats and Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Discover University Snowy Escape Cottage Living High School Years Growing Together Outdoor Retreat Dine Out Parenthood My Wedding Stories Bowling Night Toddler Stuff Laundry Day Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just comes randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim's upper half is glitched in game (when zoomed out of the sim), so that it is distorted and looks strange.
What do you expect to see? "
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have custom content and mods installed, but this has happened to me when a sim is wearing no custom content at all as well.

Message 13 of 35 (2,787 Views)

Re: A sim's upper half glitching

Champion

@ElaLils I think it would be good to troubleshoot to see if your CC [&/or Mod(s)?] may be causing the issue. Even if your glitching Sims are not wearing any custom content, it can still be caused by a broken/glitching Mod or CC. Please try the following to see if the issue remains:

Try moving the Mods folder from your "The Sims 4" folder [Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4] to your desktop (save it for reference) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder. Then check in a new game save to see if this issue is still occurring. You can test without saving  or in a new vanilla game save – in order to identify which CC/Mods are causing the issue. Then remove or add updated version(s) of the Mod/CC causing the issue.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 14 of 35 (2,761 Views)

Re: [GRO] Sweater makes child stretch to the side (Zoomed out)

★★★ Guide

Not sure if this one should go in this thread, but my child Sim also turned into warped Slenderman 

03-19-23_12-21-43 AM.png

03-19-23_12-21-54 AM.png

Sims 4 Screenshot 2023.03.19 - 00.23.11.65.png

Message 15 of 35 (2,791 Views)

Hero
@EeveeTinn That does seem to be the same sweater, just a different swatch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 35 (2,746 Views)

Re: A sim's upper half glitching

Hero
@ElaLils Merged your thread with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 35 (2,734 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Could be as I did not give him this sweather, he aged up and had that one on. Sorry, I did not check any CAS items yet. I remember reading about the issue so I found the thread and posted it here. I changed the sweather after posting screenshots.
Message 18 of 35 (2,721 Views)

Hero
@EeveeTinn It does very much look like the same one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 35 (2,644 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Sweater makes child stretch to the side

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening with mine. I didn't realize until I zoomed out a bit and her body stretched. I switched into a different outfit with a different top and had no issue. How does EA not realize a shirt in their own pack is broken?

Message 20 of 35 (2,598 Views)