Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [FR] Profile has several issues Sims with secrets revealed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.297.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Discover a secret of a sim, then open their profile from the relationships tab
What happens when the bug occurs? The game doesn't pause as it normally does if you open the profile of a sim who has a secret revealed. The audio then bugs out and plays the menu music over the live mode and only is fixed when relaunching the game.
What do you expect to see? The open profile feature to pause the live mode and not bug out the audio and force a relaunch to resolve it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch update before Crystal Creations release

I've described the bug above

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 19 (4,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [FR] Profile doesn't open for Sims with secrets revealed

Hero

• You should once again be able to successfully open the Profile Panel of another Sim after Eavesdropping on them and see any secrets that were learned about them.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.345/1.89

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (1,447 Views)

All Replies

Re: Issue with audio and pausing live mode during "Open Profile" inter

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rebekyy Could you please check your version number in the left corner of your menu and post what you see there.

What do you mean by secret ? Like asking for the traits or woohoo preference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (4,180 Views)

Sim Profile Panel not Working plus FR Secrets not showing in Profile

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.332.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1)Try to open the Sim Profile Panel. It will open once, throw an LE and then not open again. 2) Eavesdrop or snoop for Secrets. Click on prompt to open Sim Profile Panel. Panel will open but no Secrets are shown. LE is created. Sim Panel will not open after this.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1)Try to open the Sim Profile Panel. It will open once, throw an LE and then not open again. 2) Eavesdrop or snoop for Secrets. Click on prompt to open Sim Profile Panel. Panel will open but no Secrets are shown. LE is created. Sim Panel will not open after this.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim Profile Panel to work as it has in the past.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Feb 27/28 patches

Playing a vanilla test game with the Cahyaputri household that came with FR.

Had Zhafira Cahyaputri "Pry for secrets" with Cassandra Goth. Sim Profile does not show Secrets. LE is thrown.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 12.35.26 PM.jpg

Also, once the Sim Profile Panel has been opened, it will not open again. So it's once and done. LE is thrown

I don't have the sound or play issues noted by the OP. Just the Sim Profile Panel not showing Secrets and not opening after the first time it's clicked on. I can click on it once and it will open after that nothing happens. If I restart my game it again works for the first click, but then stops working. Throws LEs.

Message 3 of 19 (4,151 Views)

Re: Sim Profile Panel not Working plus FR Secrets not showing in Profile

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue

Message 4 of 19 (4,026 Views)

Re: [FR] Profile doesn't open for Sims with secrets revealed/Sounds issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes, I have it too! After I found out a secret from a Sim, the Sims profile broke. The error also occurs with a new savegame.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>9a3e4f7b461e772065e14365</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2024-03-01 02:57:03</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.105.332.1020-1.300.000.178.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain</categoryid><desyncid>9a3e4f7b461e772065e14365</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert [object Object] to SimSecretInfo.&#13;&#10; at widgets.Gameplay.SimProfile::SimProfileMain/PopulateSecrets()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/DispatchToWidget()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/DispatchStoredOnDemandMessages()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::LayoutManager/OnDemandWidgetLoadComplete()&#13;&#10;rtim=15074&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 6.49&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;LoadingScreenActiveFlag: 1&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 13,140,0,5653&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19045 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 nvldumdx.dll 31.0.15.5161, GUID: D7B71E3E-6BC2-11CF-FB63-6E710EC2D235&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Message 5 of 19 (4,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I suppose this is what I am experiencing as well minus the sound issue because I don’t play with music on. What happens for me is the sim will discover a secret and I have the option to open that sim’s panel via the notification or by clicking the sim in the bottom panel. When the profile opens “Secrets” tab shows at the very top. Then I cannot scroll on the profile panel at all, I don’t see any secrets if somehow I am able to scroll, and I cannot close the panel. I have to restart the game or exit to main menu. 

I am playing on console, latest version.

Message 6 of 19 (3,972 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the same error.

Message 7 of 19 (3,848 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm experiencing the same problem - the secret on the sim profile panel doesn't show up, and in some time the panel refuses to open altogether. Script mods and CC are disabled

Message 8 of 19 (3,749 Views)

Not able to see secrets in profile menu and then not being able to open profiles

★★★★★ Newbie

My issue is that when I open a sim's profile, I can close it out but I can't see secrets and I can't open profiles any more. The menu music will still play while I'm playing the game, and then I can't open profiles.

Message 9 of 19 (2,172 Views)

Sim Profile not opening

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.332.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You enter the game, talk to a sim and press their Sim profile
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim profile does not open and music starts to sound even though music shouldn’t play on live mode
What do you expect to see? The sim profile of the sim i am clicking and not to hear music that should not play
Please describe the patch or change you made. After update before the new crystal pack

It does not let me look at another sims “Sim Profile” and when i press to look at one, music starts playing on live mode (which should not happen)

Message 10 of 19 (1,223 Views)