[FIXED] Bed ownership is being ignored

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Bed ownership is being ignored

★ Apprentice

Also, have noticed this in my long save. Have not noticed in my new household and save. 

Message 11 of 41 (1,323 Views)

★ Guide
What everyone else said, plus children will go over to the most tired sim's bed and sit on it to do homework. Exhausted sim subsequently passes out on the floor because the other sims don't do their business on their own beds.

No mods/CC.
Message 12 of 41 (1,280 Views)

★★ Expert
mine just choose a random empty bed, even if their own is free for them to use!

(as a BTW, napping as opposed to proper sleeping is still a thing, too.)
Message 13 of 41 (1,235 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the exact same problem too! I noticed it a couple weeks ago after I installed Jungle Adventure and Laundry Day stuff. It's extremly frustrating. I've even tried locking doors, but that either doesn't work or it ruins other imersive gameplay. 

No CC

I've tried moving the family onto different lots, different cities, deleting old beds, getting new ones, anything I could think of really. And still nothing. 

Message 14 of 41 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Happening to me too. At first I thought it was just the way it was because I was playing with mods before the patch but removed them after the patch and I noticed this happening and it's driving me bonkers.  So I **thought**  maybe this was normal behavior for a modless game.

I'm playing a legacy family, so it's 2 parents and 5 to 6 kids at any given time and I've noticed none of them will stick to their assigned beds. It's pretty frustrating when you send your kid to bed, only to find mom or dad is sleeping in their bed. I've resorted to locking the doors and blocking access so they have no choice but to sleep in their assigned rooms. So I am reporting this bug too.

Message 15 of 41 (1,203 Views)

Sims don't sleep in their assinged beds

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Jungle adventure, Vampires, fitness stuff and my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It occurs randomly when my sims are tired.
What happens when the bug occurs? All my sims have claimed their own bed, but they always autonomously sleep in another bed. I've seen this bug happen with YouTubers too, so I'm not the only one.
What do you expect to see? When my sims are tired they should go to their own bed...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the seasons' patch

I do use mods, but I tested it without them and it still happens so those are not the problem.

Message 16 of 41 (1,154 Views)

Re: Sims don't sleep in their assinged beds

Hero

Hi @Mielosh 

I'v merged your post with exiting thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 41 (1,136 Views)

Sims not sleeping in claimed beds

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every currently released expansion, Vampires, Parenthood, and Luxury Party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either waiting for sims to choose a bed autonomously or clicking the energy need to auto-solve.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims aren’t sleeping in the right beds, even though they already claimed them. They’re just sleeping in random beds.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims sleeping in the beds they’ve claimed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have used the claim action to make sure my sims sleep in the same beds every night, but recently, they’ve been sleeping in random beds unless I manually make them sleep in the beds they’ve claimed.

Message 18 of 41 (1,133 Views)

Re: Sims not sleeping in claimed beds

Message 19 of 41 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This has just started happening in my game. Sometimes, every sim in the household will be fixated on one particular bed, despite their claims on other beds. And sometimes, a sim will sleep in a random bed because their bed-claim reset and the sim has to be told to claim their bed again.
Message 20 of 41 (1,108 Views)