[FIXED] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

by ShinyGeodude

Original Post

Re: File corruption causing loss of money after creating sim

Hero
@HayesKerr No, it's the only way besides going back to a backup and NOT add any Sims to your family. But from your report I take it, that didn't work either.

Since it happens through a bug, it's not cheating. You're just correcting an error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 101 (569 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok, I understand where you're coming from. Do I have to use the cheat every single time when I add a new sim? And since you said it's a known bug, can you kindly refer me to some similar posts regarding the same bug so that I can further understand it? Thanks!
Message 82 of 101 (556 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Also, could I please know where you merged my post to?
Message 83 of 101 (554 Views)

Hero
@HayesKerr It's this thread you're posting in now. It's 9 pages long if you want to read what everyone has found out about it so far.

If I merge threads, yours becomes part of the other and it's like you posted here in the first place. Just click on the page numbers at the bottom to read the other stuff.

And yes, each time you add a Sim through household manager, you need to cheat your money back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 101 (542 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok, I can't customise the amount?
Message 85 of 101 (536 Views)

Hero
@HayesKerr With the money cheat you can.

it's basically: Money {number} .. {number} being the amount you want to have

So if you want to have say §54'832 you would put

Money 54832

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 86 of 101 (659 Views)

Re: Simoleons disappearing?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictHi again! Just wanted to ask if there’s a fixed amount of money you get when adding new sim/pet to an existing household? If not , how does the amount vary?

Message 87 of 101 (606 Views)

Hero
@HayesKerr With the bug, it basically resets to what you would get when creating a new household. Which is 20000 + extra for every household member (not sure how much that is).

without the bug, I'm not sure if you get extra money or not

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 101 (603 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ok thank you! Side note:I think you do get it without the bug. I’ve tried with a clean game
Message 89 of 101 (601 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Is it exactly 20000?
Message 90 of 101 (594 Views)