by allysimfan

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [CL] NPCs walk through apartments

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

ProductThe Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in?:English

How often does the bug occur?:All saves, any apartment in CL, at seemingly random times.

What is your current game version number?:1.105.297.1030  (latest patch Feb 27th 2024)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: All except For Rent, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Patio, Spooky, Bowling, Glamour, Backyard.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?:Play in an apartment in CL 

What happens when the bug occurs?:NPC Sims will pop into being and walk either around the perimeter of the apartment (half in half out) or on occasion wander through the middle, then disappear. They look as if they are  "somewhere else". They do not interact at all.

What do you expect to see?: Not this!

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?: Mods have been removed after latest patch, caches cleared and I have just had this (again) with a new save.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?:I don't know, this has been going on a while - months. It is not constant but is often enough to be considered a regular bug?

Please describe the patch or change you made.: N/A

Hi team.  In City Living I get random sims walk through my apartment.  Is this a bug that can be fixed?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title.

Message 1 of 12 (2,102 Views)

Re: sims walking through apartments

Community Manager

Hi there @allysimfan,

Please fill out this template and edit your post with this information:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?:
How often does the bug occur?:
What is your current game version number?:
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?:
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?:
What happens when the bug occurs?:
What do you expect to see?:
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?:
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?:
Please describe the patch or change you made.:

solaire.png

Message 2 of 12 (2,082 Views)

Hero
@allysimfan Could you please also explain a but what you mean by walk through your apartment ? There's several threads for Sims entering apartments/houses when they shouldn't but maybe you mean they walk through the walls ? Or do they come in to get to another place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (2,071 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

ProductThe Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in?: English

How often does the bug occur?: All saves, any apartment in CL, at seemingly random times.

What is your current game version number?: 1.105.297.1030  (latest patch Feb 27th 2024)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: All except For Rent, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Patio, Spooky, Bowling, Glamour, Backyard.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Play in an apartment in CL 

What happens when the bug occurs?: NPC Sims will pop into being and walk either around the perimeter of the apartment (half in half out) or on occasion wander through the middle, then disappear. They look as if they are  "somewhere else". They do not interact at all.

What do you expect to see?: Not this!

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?: Mods have been removed after latest patch, caches cleared and I have just had this (again) with a new save.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: I don't know, this has been going on a while - months. It is not constant but is often enough to be considered a regular bug?

Please describe the patch or change you made.: N/A

Message 4 of 12 (1,575 Views)

Hero
@mummum601 Do you have a video ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,562 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry I don’t. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,542 Views)

Hero
@mummum601 There's a thread here where Sims walk through walls: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sim-walking-through-walls-and-objects-Patch-1-61/m... so it's more like this or do they actually come into your home and do something there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,498 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No I don't think that's what I'm seeing.

it's not the regular clipping through objects when routing is tight.

The sims in my issue just walk through the apartment. They are not residents of the other lots in the building and are not visiting my lot. They just appear somewhere behind my lot's  walls and cross through. Sometimes they exit through a door sometimes just walk out a wall on the other side into the air!

I've attached a couple of screenshots in one Diego Lobo (who i have no relationship with)  walked in through a wall and out the door. More commonly they come in through the wall behind the stove, cross the floor and out through the window/wall between the curtains at which point they disappear.

It looks like they are going about their business somewhere else but for some reason are appearing on my lot

Message 8 of 12 (1,456 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Another screenshot. 

This SIm was walking along the perimeter. I could bring up the interaction menu but as soon as I selected "Friendly Introduction" he disappeared, my sim then went downstairs and into the street to speak with him.

I assume these sims are going about their business at "street level" but due to my lot not really being 10 storeys up they show in the apartments.

Message 9 of 12 (1,441 Views)

Hero
@mummum601 Thanks or the pics.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,404 Views)