[BY DESIGN] Insane Number of Followers

by em5881

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Insane Number of Followers

Hero

Duplicated and added.

Seems connected to the Charisma skill but I haven't tested when it starts happening

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 37 (2,759 Views)

Re: 8,000 followers instantly when i started social network !!!!!

★★★ Novice
Hi, yes she does
Message 12 of 37 (2,748 Views)

★★ Guide

Sims in the new Social Media career are required to gain millions of followers to advance. Try playing Penny Pizazz in San Myshuno. At creation she is already well into the Social Media career, but has zero followers and needs 10 million in order to advance to the next level. The top level requires a whopping 25 million. So I don't think this is a bug necessarily.

Message 13 of 37 (2,738 Views)

Hero

But I still think you shouldn't get 1'000'000 just for opening a channel.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 37 (2,731 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @em5881 Did you create a social network, or a social network profile? Are you willing to share your save? 

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Message 15 of 37 (2,714 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi, in the process of uploading now, if that folder contains all games I'm not sure which file it is, I have a few sims characters I play.....

Message 16 of 37 (2,701 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all,

Is anyone still encountering this issue?

Message 17 of 37 (2,666 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi @IrishMadCat_EA

i still have Sims get millions of followers sometimes when uploading viral videos (but I think this is by design?), but I do not see any Sims gaining a ton of followers instantly when first starting a social network profile. Hope that helps. 

Message 18 of 37 (2,652 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you @ShinoTypeError

Message 19 of 37 (2,637 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Just to confirm here, the large # of followers when uploading a viral video is by design, especially if you have a highly Charismatic Sim. The potential issue here is just opening a channel giving you an insane # of followers (which we've been unable to reproduce). Sounds like no one's seen that recently, but if that changes, a save file would be much appreciated, thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 37 (42,278 Views)