[NEEDS SAVES] Afraid of the dark during the bright sunny day (Fear not cured)

by mightyspritesims

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Afraid of the dark during the bright sunny day (Fear not cured)

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour, Courtyard Oasis, Dream Home Decorator, Cottage Living, Kids Room, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Incheon Arrivals, Fashion Street, Blooming Rooms, Werewolves, High School Years, Desert Luxe
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with fear of the dark, and spend time outdoors during various parts of the day
What happens when the bug occurs? The fear of the dark moodlets come with no regard for the time of day. They are just as frequent during bright sunny times as during the night. They can happen anytime the sim is outdoors.
What do you expect to see? Sims with fear of the dark to be afraid of the dark, not afraid of the outdoors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

No mods used since before the wants/fears update, and not at all in this save.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 1 of 12 (2,880 Views)

Re: Afraid of the dark during the bright sunny day

[ Edited ]

It is 2:27pm and partly cloudy.

Screen-Shot-2022-12-07-at-3-31-37-PM

Message 2 of 12 (2,874 Views)

Hero
@mightyspritesims Did you ever conquer the fear with this particular Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (2,863 Views)

Hi @crinrict , Yes, but that was some time after the screenshot was taken. She still had the fear active.

My issue isn't with the fear being active or not, it's with the inappropriate time of day.

Message 4 of 12 (2,849 Views)

Hero
@mightyspritesims Many reported it still being there at any time once it was cured hence the question

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (2,831 Views)

Okay, thanks @crinrict Standard smile

Message 6 of 12 (2,816 Views)

Fear of dark glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the scenario with Martinez family - Leonardo
What happens when the bug occurs? The child has the fear of the dark moodlet most of the time even during the day. No opportunity to get rid of it comes up, and no fear detected when trying to drink the fear be gone potion.
What do you expect to see? No fear of the dark anymore. Or a way of facing the fear/curing it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

None

Message 7 of 12 (2,119 Views)

★ Novice

My young adult sim coming home from work as a scientist had 6 different instances of afraid of the dark while outside between 7pm an 9pm when he went inside. His daughter had 2 instances of it during the day while at school. I am not using any mods for the time being besides UI cheats extension to clear the moodlet when it pops up. I had not used UI cheats before this became a problem and mods I used before were mostly build items and clothing for the last year plus, which were not a problem until 8/14/23 when this started.

Removing the mods is not an issue since I was doing this playthrough mostly mod free anyway other than No fig deal garden care system.

I had used MC Command Center to remove a fear of fire and another fear trait a couple of days ago and a put out a fire whim and a talk about fear of death whim went away, but the afraid of the dark moodlet persists.

Message 8 of 12 (2,178 Views)

Re: Fear of dark glitch

★★★ Guide

I still have this glitch. And it does not go away with the potion.

PC

Message 9 of 12 (1,626 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Afraid of the dark during the bright sunny day (Fear not cured)

★★★ Guide

I experience the same thing on PC.

Message 10 of 12 (1,634 Views)