[ARCHIVED] Autonomy issues

by turkfox

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Autonomy issues since toddler update

Hero

@AbbyRaeMay wrote:

Sometimes my Sims will not do actions with or without toddlers. Homework, giving baths, not eating, and playing musical chairs. I never had these problems before toddlers. I really appreciate the toddlers, but because of all these problems and more I really can't play the Sims 4. Is this just me?

@AbbyRaeMay Where do you still see musical chairs ?

There's a thread for it here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sim-keeps-moving-around-while-eating-and-talking/m-p... you can post in on that.

Also, do you have issues with the Sims not doing these on their own or just standing around a lot ? There's a thread for that here you can use: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Sims-take-a-long-while-to-do-intera...

There's also an issue for homework lockups if you're talking about those: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Teen-Sim-locks-game-up-by-choosing-to-do-extra-credi... (it's mostly teens but it also occurs with kids)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 100 (2,791 Views)

★ Guide

I've given up high chairs completely, it was just ridiculous and the poor toddler was constantly starving or exhausted while the adult Sims did the high chair in and out dance. Now I just take a plate of whatever out of the fridge, put it on the floor, and direct the toddler to 'grab a serving'. 

And I keep a close watch on adult and teen Sims in the household. Anyone not doing anything is given something to do immediately to stop them swooping in on the toddler and potty training them whether they want it or not. My toddlers now skill pretty much autonomously to level 3 and I only have to intervene if I'm trying to get them to level 5.

It would be much nicer if it worked the way it was supposed to, though.

Message 52 of 100 (2,758 Views)

Re: Autonomy issues since toddler update

★★ Apprentice

Same problem here ! Sims always put toddlers in high chairs, put them down. If I want them to give them a batch, potty train, use flash cards, they just put the toddlers in the high chairs of freeze.

Message 53 of 100 (2,706 Views)

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Autonomy issues

★★★★ Guide

I have a problem similar as yours.

My adult or teen Sims pick up toddlers for no reason and then put back on the ground. The same happens with high chair.

Message 54 of 100 (2,693 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OMG I've been having the same issues. I am dreading playing with this household that has twin boys, toddlers. They are driving me crazy.

I have to select the same actions at least 4 or 5 times if I want something done because the Sims won't to anything, they just stand there. So my poor toddlers are all sad, not being fed, not sleeping, needing attention because their parents just stand there instead of taking care of them.and when they are not standing there not doing anything, they just do the most random things, like the kid is sitting in the chair, almost starving to death and the parent will not feed them, but talk to them, or go watch TV, or just sit in a chair doing nothing, but feed them??? NO!!!

So I put a kid in the chair, he was starving, completely red bars in food and sleep, and I finally got my Sim to give him some food and the poor kids just sits there, for hours, not touching his sandwich, I click on "eat sandwich" several times and he won't eat it. So I had to leave without saving.

I had already turn auto age off except for the active household, and now I just turn it off altogether, because I can't manage otherwise!!!

now I am going to delete the high chairs, as I've read here they seem to be the problem and I am going to try to turn free will off.

I only started playing the game two weeks ago, and It's really frustrating that a game that was released 3 years ago has so many bugs. I have no extension packs, nothing, except for a Christmas one that was free, and I already repaired twice and updated the game, but the problems continue........Disappointed

Message 55 of 100 (2,662 Views)

Sims 4 toddler bug

★★ Novice

My sims 4 toddlers are bugged and it is ruining my game. So first off, the highchairs are bugged. When I get my toddler in the highchair, the parent takes the toddler right out, so now I don't even bother with highchairs.  But now I want to age up the toddler because of these bugs that I don't want to deal with.... BUT OH WAIT, that's bugged too. So I make the mother bake a cake and put birthday candles on it, then i get a parent to pick up the toddler, to then just put the toddler right back down. Please help me, this is very annoying and if toddlers are causing this much of an issue, it's not even worth it to have them.

Message 56 of 100 (2,822 Views)

Re: Sims 4 toddler bug

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Instead of picking up the Toddler click on the cake and select to "Help blow out candles". The parent will then pick the toddler up and go to the cake.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 57 of 100 (2,793 Views)

Hero
Any mods ? Did you try moving the cake to a different space ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 100 (2,786 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I tried that too 

Message 59 of 100 (2,773 Views)

★★ Novice

I moved the cake everywhere it can possibly go but nothing works. I tried everything :I

Message 60 of 100 (2,771 Views)