Re: "Error Game Process Could Not Be Started"

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Error Game Process Could Not Be Started"

★ Novice

I am currently running The Sims 3, Late Night, Fast Lane, and High End Stuff on my Macbook Air running Lion, My game is fully updated, and has been running fine until yesterday. I have not added any new custom content since my last play. When launched from launcher, opens 4~5 icons on the dock, before displaying error message. Tried running the game directly by changing the info.plist file from S3Launcher.exe to TS3.exe (which has worked for me before) but self quits after blue loading screen. Please help!

Message 1 of 6 (5,092 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

It's an issue with the servers. If you disconnect from the Internet, you can play.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/game-process-could-not-be-started.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (6,244 Views)

All Replies

Hero

It's an issue with the servers. If you disconnect from the Internet, you can play.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/game-process-could-not-be-started.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (6,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Wow Thanks! It did work, what a weird solution though.

Message 3 of 6 (5,071 Views)

Hero

It should be fixed from EA's side though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (5,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the servers been updated to fix this problem?  Cause usually the error pops up for me but does not effect game play, but the past few days I can't get in no matter how many times I try.

Message 5 of 6 (1,185 Views)

@Mitsu-Kaiishi  This thread is from 2012, and yes, whatever EA-side issue was happening at that time has long since been addressed.

If you're unable to play, please create a new thread and list the details of the issue, along with any troubleshooting steps you've tried already.  Since this thread is so old, I'll close it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (1,172 Views)