[ARCHIVED] Undesired Roof Intrusion into Interior

by KyanosLykos

Original Post

Open floors and roof bug

★ Novice

hi EA i have one promlem with my game.. when i build open floor in the sims 4 roof have this bug http://ifgazz.wbs.cz/chyba.png ... pls repair this.. thx

Message 11 of 34 (1,828 Views)

Re: Roof appearing in house

Hero

@milliemcintyre Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 34 (2,302 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

not sure! it's been a while since i last had a complicated house design, i know one of the reasons why it happens is when you have a 2 story room (no floor on the second floor) not too sure about what happened with that other room though. 

When I have time I'll try and recreate it! 

Message 13 of 34 (2,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

its fixed! i can finally have pretty vaulted ceilings and indoor balconies :D 

turns out it still happens when you try and add an indoor balcony. 

apologies for all the links but heres the process i went through to try and add an indoor balcony 

the room i want the balcony in

i added another room inside so i can delete that section of the floor

here i deleted the floor in the room, so far so good.

it all went pear-shaped after i deleted one of the walls. the roof appears inside the house.

trying to re-add the wall just contains the roof to that one room. fences do nothing by the way. 

unfortunately i still can't have my fancy lobbies! 

Message 14 of 34 (2,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Thanks for the feedback

Tagging some others to see how it is for them 

@yxkillz @Miss_Eudanil @kaylyred 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 34 (2,244 Views)

Re: Walls, Fences, Floors, and Roofs interact in a weird way that can break a ho

Hero

@KyanosLykos

Could we get some feedback if this is still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 34 (1,586 Views)

Re: Walls, Fences, Floors, and Roofs interact in a weird way that can break a ho

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Yes, it still happens exactly as described.

Message 17 of 34 (1,581 Views)

Hero

Thank you for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 34 (1,573 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KyanosLykos The issue where roofs intrude into areas that the game does not recognize as a "room" is not a bug but is by design (so that roofs will show in "outdoor" areas, which is what the game thinks such non-rooms are.  It can usually be addressed by re-drawing your room(s), and now that we have the new Custom Room Tool, it is much easier to make an unusual room shape that will be recognized by the game as a room.  The exception here is when you use fences or half walls - unfortunately, the game will not treat such an area as a room.  We have requested that this be improved in our Build Mode Feedback thread.

As far as your problems with deleting flooring goes, there has been a weird development recently with open flooring (we were trying to peg exactly when it changed but never did), and currently, in order to open a space to the room below, you have to follow these steps (see the bug thread here):

1. Wall off room upstairs where you want to delete flooring.
  2. Delete floor in room (or use Remove Floor tool).
  3. Delete one tile of wall surrounding room - flooring pops back in.
  4. Delete floor again (or use Remove Ceiling tool) - this time it won't come back.
  5. Continue to delete surrounding walls.

It would definitely be an improvement if we could create open flooring areas in fewer steps (and without having to repeat some of them).

Also, I wanted to have a look at your Gothfortune house, but it doesn't appear to be in the Gallery any longer.  Any possibility that you might share it again?

Message 19 of 34 (1,564 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BryonyRae

The issue is that the roofs are intruding into a room where all four walls are actual, full-height walls. The game doesn't recognize it as an enclosed room (I assume, by the nature of the problem) because some segment of that exterior wall is shared with an enclosed fence area. Think of an enclosed room with a fenced-in area perfectly in the center. This is fine. But move the fenced area over slightly such that now only 3 sides are fence and the fourth is shared with the wall. The game now considers that entire room "outside."

Hopefully I will remember to post a new example house to the gallery when I get home from work to demonstrate this problem.
Message 20 of 34 (1,557 Views)