[ARCHIVED] Undesired Roof Intrusion into Interior

by KyanosLykos

Original Post

Re: Walls, Fences, Floors, and Roofs interact in a weird way that can break a ho

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I understand what you're saying @KyanosLykos, sounds like the fencing takes priority, but what happens if you redraw the room?  That might give it priority again.  I will check it out in game myself when I get a chance.

Edit: yeah, tried it in game, and unfortunately, the fencing will take priority and redrawing the room just deletes it.  Same with half walls.  The only way you could make it work at this point would be to keep the fence disconnected from the wall and maybe cheese in some object(s) that help to make it look like it still flows to the wall (a planter, sculpture, etc.). 

I do think that this is a bug and the behavior should be such that redrawing the room lets the game know it takes priority and does *not* cause it to delete the fencing (or half walls).  Better yet, of course would be if there was no need to redraw the room, but have the room take priority from the beginning and stay that way, even when a fence (or half wall) is later drawn and connected to it.

Message 21 of 34 (1,843 Views)

Roof issues

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

I would like to stop the roof pass through the walls when there are stairs and no floor. No roof inside please !!!

screen22.jpg

And no gap between the roofs please.

screen23.jpg

Message 22 of 34 (1,804 Views)

Re: Roof issues

Hero (Retired)

@NoahLGP merged your report with this pre-existing thread regarding intruding roofs.  As for the roof gaps, it has been reported as well.

Message 23 of 34 (1,770 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Walls, Fences, Floors, and Roofs interact in a way that can break a h

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

For some mysterious reasons, the game shows the foundation border in some lots.

As if the house from the gallery was built over the ground level.

Message 24 of 34 (1,711 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Walls, Fences, Floors, and Roofs interact in a way that can break a h

Hero (Retired)

Yes @NoahLGP, we have that issue reported here.  You are welcome to press "Me Too" on it. Standard smile

Message 25 of 34 (1,697 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I am closing this thread at this time because the behavior of intruding roofs when areas are not defined as "rooms," while undesirable, is functioning as designed.  Our desire to have this functionality changed is better expressed as feedback for a design improvement.  We have indeed requested improvements in this thread.  Please feel free to add your voice to it!

Message 26 of 34 (19,788 Views)

Roofs Intersect Rooms

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Narwal Arms(Windenburg) & Chateau Frise (Brindleton Bay) Lots have this issue
What happens when the bug occurs? Part of the roof will show up inside room
What do you expect to see? Roofs not intersecting into Rooms
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

12-02-18_7-31-13 PM.png

12-02-18_7-32-29 PM.png

Examples

Message 27 of 34 (1,604 Views)

Re: Roofs Intersect Rooms

Hero (Retired)

@SproutLee merged with pre-existing thread.  The behavior is by design; there is a link in the solution post where you can provide feedback.

Message 28 of 34 (1,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

A fully enclosed room (roof, walls, floor). Roof from outside clips through wall leaving weird half wall type artifacts that can't be removed. All DLC installed, no mods, no CC Update: 08/08/2019 - PC 1.54.120.1020 / Mac 1.54.120.1020

Message 29 of 34 (1,438 Views)

★★ Guide
@stv_strm I am unable to reproduce it though.
Message 30 of 34 (1,065 Views)