[ARCHIVED] Undesired Roof Intrusion into Interior

by KyanosLykos

Original Post

Re: Roofs Intersect Rooms

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @stv_strm!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to our team.

As you might have seen above already, there is a reply on this thread saying that the thread got closed "because the behavior of intruding roofs when areas are not defined as "rooms," while undesirable, is functioning as designed."
That being said, if I understand your report correctly, there are half walls created at the same time as the general 'roof-clipping-trough-wall-issue' occurs and you cannot remove those half walls. Based on this, what you reported sounds a little bit different to me, so it would make sense to get a fresh report for this issue.

If you don't mind creating that fresh report all relevant information about this issue for our team, we would appreciate that a lot! Here's how you can do that.

Thanks so much and happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 34 (844 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimGuruKuxiku Since I haven't been able to repeat the issue yet, I'll hold off on creating a new report until I can determine exactly what I might have done to cause the weird behavior to occur. Thank you for your reply!
Message 32 of 34 (833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It is now July, 2020 and this issue still exists.   My second floor is completely enclosed.  I added an octagonal roof on top of a window on my first floor (which has taller ceilings) and the clipping occurs in two rooms.  Other polygonal roofs have had the same error.  Please note, reproducibility is dependent on camera angle and the roof passing through two upper levels rooms above a taller ceiling in this example.

Observations: 

When adding an octagonal, hexagonal, or pentagonal roof on a floor with taller ceilings, edges will clip through enclosed rooms.

Repro Steps:

1. Build a two story house with fully enclosed walls.
  2. Change the height of the first floor to the second tallest height.
  3. Create a custom extrusion using the room builder to create a bay window (issue was found above an octagonal room/extrusion).
  4. Place an octagonal roof halfway over the window so that the remainder of he roof is in the second floor of the house through two rooms.
  5. Make changes to the height/pitch, size, and curvature of the octagonal roof
  6. Observe the clipping that occurs.  (If not visible, turn camera 360 degrees.)

Attempted Fix:

1. Remove walls from the second floor and redraw the room.
  2. Turn the camera 360 degrees around the new room.
  3. Observe that clipping still occurs at certain angles. (See screenshot 20200703000925_1.jpg)

Repro Rate:
Appx. 9/10 times

Build Info:

PC: 1.63.136.1010 (No mods)

Windows 10

Additonal Notes: 
This issue does not occur with gabled and other roof types. Screenshots attached.

Sincerely,

A fellow game developer! Heart

Message 33 of 34 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@randimcohn This thread is very old and doesn't use the template.

Also see comment here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-Undesired-Roof-Intrusion-into-Interior/m-p/6431500#M5...

If you still think there's a bug, please create a new thread.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 34 (604 Views)