[NEEDS SAVES] Orange Exclamation signs over lots / Houses disappear

by druidtiefling

Original Post

Re: 'WARNING' <!> signs every where

★★ Novice
@2a99f8ff0fa91a66d18466db58be1c88 I get this too
Message 71 of 410 (2,207 Views)

Re: Disappearing Lots and Exclamation Points.

★★ Novice
Message 72 of 410 (2,111 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Orange Exclamation signs over lots / Houses disappear

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? First time, but seems to be affecting all lots. 
What is your current game version number? 1.84.171.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, StrangerVille, Journey to Batuu, Kids room stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler stuff, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting stuff, Perfect Pation stuff, Luxury Party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the savegame link I included. 
What happens when the bug occurs? I went into world view to locate a new house for my Sims, and suddenly realized that there were triangle warning signs in green and orange all over. I was unsure what they meant, at first assuming it showed the difference between occupied and unoccupied lots after the latest update. When I tried entering an unoccupied lot with a house, it showed me an empty lot (no house) after loading. I tried it again a few different places - the city view would show a house, but entering the lot showed an empty lot. All neighbourhoods are effected. 
What do you expect to see? My neighbourhood NOT displaying warning signs over the lots, and when I enter a lot, the house indicated by the city view/that I know should exist there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No mods, no CC. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It first showed up right after I installed the last update.

I do NOT have an older save which predates the issue, so I can't try a roll back. 
Apparently, the only solution is to uninstall with a third party uninstall tool to scrub the system, then doing a clean reinstall - and to save my Sims in the Gallery if I can.
REALLY hope you figure this issue out at some point, because reinstalling my game AGAIN was not how I was looking to spend my evening...

Link to savegame with the issue reported.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fRbA_C3ggdmUdNP5-t6ZmAgZrdOcyX8w/view?usp=sharing

Message 73 of 410 (2,077 Views)

Rif.: [NEEDS SAVES] Orange Exclamation signs over lots / Houses disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

CM EDIT: Please use English on the English boards. Thanks! 

Message 74 of 410 (1,991 Views)

Save Reset

★ Novice

I opened my game and everything is normal, except for one thing. The save I’ve been playing for a while is completely reset. All my households and houses I’ve built are gone, and there’s an orange triangle over every lot. Every other save I have is completely intact. I know I’ve been saving it and I played it earlier today.

I’ve removed all my cc, restarted my computer, and repaired the game. It’s still not there.

Message 75 of 410 (1,982 Views)

Re: orange triangles with exclamations.

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I have a lot with an orange exclamation over it. When i go into it the house is gone but the family is still there. I have tried backing up and reinstalling the game, same issue. If i go to lot options it looks like it is a retail store  ( family owned a retail location as well). If I sell the retail store the lot becomes unuseable. Cannot delete it, cannot edit it. I sent aomw save files along but they said they were a bit busy and may not be able to look at them. Afraid to use the game if its been spreading in other peoples games. No cc used and no mods. Only EA products

Message 76 of 410 (1,912 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Orange Exclamation signs over lots / Houses disappear

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue as this and have been trying to get some help for my save file. I can send a save file.

I have tried resetting the game by saving a backup file and basically reinstalling. Once I load in my save files from my previous version the issue comes back.

Houses have exclamations over the top I cannot edit the lot at all. If I remove the household the lot is completely unuseable. The first household I had issues with this was one that owned a retail shop and the residential lot became an uneditable retail lot. Tried selling the retail lot but it didn't work.  Now I am seeing more exclamation marks over houses. Afraid to continue to play 

Message 77 of 410 (1,818 Views)

All land plots are non-residential !?

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 8468592
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When starting the game and picking where you want to live.
What happens when the bug occurs? It says all land plots are non residential and im unable to even pick a place to stay to play the game. All plots have exclamation points. I just installed the game for the first time no DLC, mods, or anything else.
What do you expect to see? Land plots open for me to select.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just downloaded this game, no mods, dlc, or anything. But the game isn't letting me select a place to stay. Ive tried to looked all over the internet to fix this but i cant find a solution. Ive reset the game, deleted and reinstalled the game. all of that. Please Help im about to refund this game.

Message 78 of 410 (1,762 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Lots randomly revert back to defaults

★★★ Newbie

I have got a similar problem at the moment but when I enter the lots they are all bulldozed and from the manage world's view all lots have orange exclamation marks about them? 

Message 79 of 410 (1,684 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Lots randomly revert back to defaults

Hero
@olivia255x Moved your post over to the thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 410 (1,669 Views)