Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Orange Exclamation signs over lots / Houses disappear

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to work, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am really unsure it happens randomly either when loading the game up or by loading in a new lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The entire town's lots become unplayable. A green or orange exclamation point shows up on the manage town screen. The sims cant go to those lots and if you are already loading into the lot it is completely gone.
What do you expect to see? Playable lots
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I either load into a game or load into a lot while playing the game, the lot will disappear and when I go to manage world view, or am loading in for the first time, every single lot has a green or orange exclamation point. They are completely unplayable and I loose everything. If its a home lot, all pets are also gone. Everything.

I don't have cc or mods installed.

I have tried everything. I save before visiting other lots because it happens so frequently and randomly I never know when it will break. Sometimes it takes multiple reloads back into the game to fix it. Only sometimes. Others its completely broken and never fixes. I have removed cache files. I have repaired the game. I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled this game. It doesn't matter it keeps coming back.

Also these aren't gallery lots. These are Maxis lots installed from the very beginning.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 384 (42,479 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Residental lots changed to non-resistental!

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello,

Just letting you know the team is looking into this.

If anyone has unmodded saves from before the issue occurred, it may be helpful if you could share them.

Instructions on how to share saves are here:

https://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 255 of 384 (5,782 Views)

All Replies

Re: Disappearing Lots and Exclamation Points.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@druidtiefling Sounds a bit like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Houses-Lots-disappear/td-p/4620279/ although the exclamation points are new. Do you get those only on community lots or also on residential lots as well ?

Did you ever get any error codes on this save ?

I do think it's the same or a similar issue as the one linked above but as the exclamation points are new, it's probably best to have separate thread for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 384 (42,427 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't get error codes on saves but I do get the exclamation points on residential lots as well as community lots.

Message 3 of 384 (42,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@druidtiefling Do you happen to have a before save ? Like before it started happening

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 384 (42,395 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately no. This has been going on for so long.

Message 5 of 384 (42,380 Views)

★ Apprentice

Here is a picture of what is going on. If I were to visit or load into any lots the lots themselves are gone.

Message 6 of 384 (42,354 Views)

Hero
@druidtiefling It does sound like the other issue I linked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 384 (42,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem (see picture). But I do play with cc.

Message 8 of 384 (42,247 Views)

orange triangles with exclamations.

★★ Novice

when I go into the sims 4 there are orange triangles with an exclemation on most of the lots (both empty and buildings). I can go onto the empty lots when I'm just gonna build, but when I do build, the actual floors and roofs of the squares I build doest show up. if I just made a new sim I can't move them to any of the houses where there is a exclamation. I can't play with any of the existing households if the house have an orange exclamation. Is.there a specific reason for this? If so What can I do to fix it?

Message 9 of 384 (42,382 Views)

Re: orange triangles with exclamations.

@Clarohine  If you completely bulldoze one of the lots and place a new building on it, do you have the same issue?  You don't need to save your progress after doing so, in fact please don't: it's better if you preserve the game's automatic backups, in case you need them later, and saving erases the oldest backup.

Please also let me know whether you use mods or custom content.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 384 (42,320 Views)